Player Discussion: Adam Gaudette (#882)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Had a great game today. Seemed to have really bonded with Boeser over the week. Sounds like he also enjoyed being on the west coast.

Now we just need to have him in Van to finish off the year

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The standard assumption for Gaudette is that he'll eventually slot in as a solid third-line center in the NHL....but after today's prospects game and his season in the NCAA, starting to wonder if his ceiling isn't a lot higher.

Seems to have it all....plays hard at both ends of the ice with nice hands around the net, and already appears to have an NHL shot.....lacks only a bit of strength, but skating and balance seem just fine....and showing nice chemistry with Boeser.

Hard to believe you can pick up a player with this kind of upside in the fifth round.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
The standard assumption for Gaudette is that he'll eventually slot in as a solid third-line center in the NHL....but after today's prospects game and his season in the NCAA, starting to wonder if his ceiling isn't a lot higher.

Seems to have it all....plays hard at both ends of the ice with nice hands around the net, and already appears to have an NHL shot.....lacks only a bit of strength, but skating and balance seem just fine....and showing nice chemistry with Boeser.

Hard to believe you can pick up a player with this kind of upside in the fifth round.

He was faster and bigger then i was expecting

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
He's a guy that I can see us looking at in 15 years and saying, "Damn, he got every ounce and then some out of his potential." He's got some moxie to him, and a sharp development curve to boot.

Dunno where that lands him down the road - could be anywhere from a Riley Sheahan to a Cody Eakin to a lesser Joe Pavelski - but it's going to be fun trying to find out.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He's a guy that I can see us looking at in 15 years and saying, "Damn, he got every ounce and then some out of his potential." He's got some moxie to him, and a sharp development curve to boot.

Dunno where that lands him down the road - could be anywhere from a Riley Sheahan to a Cody Eakin to a lesser Joe Pavelski - but it's going to be fun trying to find out.

Pavelski might not be a bad comparison.....Sheahan and Eakin hit the wall this year offensively, and Gaudette appears to have too much skill and drive to go into a season-long funk like that.

Guy kind of reminds me of a younger version of Eric Staal.....plays with both skill and an edge....motor never stops....really hope this kid gets into some NHL games at the end of this upcoming season.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
2 working eyes, its quite obvious that his potential at this point is more then just a 3rd line centreman. the offence is there. Good chance of him becoming a Brendin Morrison/ Nick Bonino level 2nd line player.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
2 working eyes, its quite obvious that his potential at this point is more then just a 3rd line centreman. the offence is there. Good chance of him becoming a Brendin Morrison/ Nick Bonino level 2nd line player.

1st line wing 2nd line centre max or maybe average but not elite 1st line centre

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
“They (Canucks) fully support my decision to go back (to NU) and develop and I’ll be excited to get here eventually." - Adam Gaudette

#GoNU

:yo:

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
See this is what some people like. A competitive, hungry guy who is going after what he wants. After reading Kuzma's article you can see how competitive he is. He specifically mentions he is a lower pick than Petterson yet he wanted to be matched against him to compete and show what he can do. Article said he was the only one fore checking aggressively etc.

This is what you want to hear about guys. Not that they think they aren't ready or up for a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad