Plans, Trades, and Automobiles: Fixing the Winged Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Here's our general off-season discussion thread. Put your trade ideas, musings, and other such waxing here.

If there's something specific reported in the media, i.e. Kesler announcing his trade list, that can have it's own thread. Other material can go here.

jt6jCPY.jpg

Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic. Mantha is neither a sea creature nor a Godzilla monster. Discuss.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
after rewading hollands comments yesterday i hope he too is just posturing

if not, god i hope boyle shuns detroit and signs elsewhere(i actually hope he does anyhow)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/06/detroit_red_wings_hoping_to_si.html

some comments from kenny. has gotten calls from GM's with some 'interesting names'... khan mentions that they are still after goal scoring winger and top 4 D who is preferably RH.

fwiw mentions the development of young kids and how excited they are mentions tatar by name.. indicating that he isn't a trade piece.. maybe.

not a lot of options there. i hope they inquire hemsky even if he passes on empty nets too often.

mckenzie said on TSN radio that LA wants gabby to take a hometown discount or it won't work.. but if he's not willing to do that, i guess the numbers won't work for holland either.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
So given the remarks Holland made yesterday that six of our seven defensemen are set, it seems that all but Quincey are going to be back. Personally, I would rather keep Quincey and drop Kindl or Lashoff.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That would be perfect. It allows Mrazek to hopefully actually start in GR rather than riding the pine in Detroit due to injuries. That assumes, of course, that Monster can stay healthy.

I think we run into the same problem as last year, unfortunately.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So given the remarks Holland made yesterday that six of our seven defensemen are set, it seems that all but Quincey are going to be back. Personally, I would rather keep Quincey and drop Kindl or Lashoff.

Too bad we can't drop all 3 of them and fill the 3 spots with kids/free agents.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
we will keep kindl and waive lashoff

we will call up ouellet and sign salo

we will struggle to finish 8th in te east and be bounced in 5 games by the bruins in rd 1

rinse and repeat for the next 3-5 years

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
we will keep kindl and waive lashoff

we will call up ouellet and sign salo

we will struggle to finish 8th in te east and be bounced in 5 games by the bruins in rd 1

rinse and repeat for the next 3-5 years

I'd rather sign Boyle.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd rather sign Boyle.

If you want a RH d-man to come here and give you 35-40 pts, your best bet is Boyle. Love it or hate it.

Holland said he won't trade two good young kids for a 30 something year old. Teams won't give us a 20 something top 3 RH d man without robbing our assets.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I'd rather sign Boyle.

boyle will not sign here if he dosent feel the team is a legit contender, why would he as he will be the 1 short term cheaper UFA dman(niskanen being the real #1)

and the team that got embarassed 4 weeks ago plus salo that datsyuk and zetterberg said was not good enough will not entice him

i hope i am wrong but those comments stink of waiving lashoff, promoting a kid and signing a cheap crappy vet dman like salo and likely bringing back alffie

zett-dats-abby
nyquist-weiss-franzen
tatar-sheahan-alffie
miller-helm-glendening

kronwall-ericsson
dekeyser-salo
kindl-smith
ouellete

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If you want a RH d-man to come here and give you 35-40 pts, your best bet is Boyle. Love it or hate it.

Holland said he won't trade two good young kids for a 30 something year old. Teams won't give us a 20 something top 3 RH d man without robbing our assets.

what is robbing our assets?

is tatar plus smith/puilkinnen and a 1st robbing us?

or is nyquist plus mantha robbing us?

the first is clealry not while the later clearly is.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
boyle will not sign here if he dosent feel the team is a legit contender

Where did you get this from?

He's been linked to two teams, Ottawa and Tampa. Ottawa missed the playoffs last year. Tampa made it as far as we did.

Haven't heard anything about Boyle only wanting to go to a contender.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

I'd bet he signs with home town Ottawa who could use a Dman like him or back in Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese