Plan B for Fixing Penn Station Would Wrap Madison Square Garden in Glass

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Can we move it out of NYC too? Pop it in a nice open piece of land in Westchester, the less I have to go into NYC the better. Thanks!
Great way to kill the garden.

I was at Moynihan station for the first time since it opened. Despite living less than 50 blocks away. I was not impressed. It was nice but rather symplistic. I guess the building architecture limits what they can do in there. The lack of seating is idiotic beyond belief. I notice they did update Penn Station some but its still a turd.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

I was at Moynihan station for the first time since it opened. Despite living less than 50 blocks away. I was not impressed. It was nice but rather symplistic. I guess the building architecture limits what they can do in there. The lack of seating is idiotic beyond belief. I notice they did update Penn Station some but its still a turd.
The lack of seating is deliberate.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

It's a train station. There is a large waiting room with seating if you're waiting for a train. There is also seats by the food court. Not sure what you were expecting.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Putting the team in Westchester would be the most idiotic thing of all time

So it’s a good thing it’ll never happen

Also as others have said, the lack of seating in Moynihan is by design.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Is there enough room for an arena where the Hotel Pennsylvania used to be?

15 Penn (or the more fun, PENN15) 1200 ft skyskraper was/is supposed to be built in that site. Now with Hotel Pennsylvania completely gone, construction was set to start in 2024.

However, Vornado has put a hold on the other Penn district redevelopment plans, just not sure if 15 Penn is on hold as well as it's not an ideal time to borrow (at least in the eyes of real estate developers who've had a endless buffet of cheap capital for over a decade).

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
It's a train station. There is a large waiting room with seating if you're waiting for a train. There is also seats by the food court. Not sure what you were expecting.
This has always cracked me up since Moynihan opened. One of the biggest complaints about Penn station was the homeless issue. Now we have a brand new station for Amtrak and LIRR commuters and its a problem that the homeless aren't all over the new station.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Putting the team in Westchester would be the most idiotic thing of all time

So it’s a good thing it’ll never happen

Also as others have said, the lack of seating in Moynihan is by design.

Put it in the suburbs so the people who used to live in the city when the crime was higher than it is now, but now live in the suburbs and think everything is dangerous, don’t have to go to the mythical death trap that is the city.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
The underground track system is what needs change and reconfiguration. Everything above is just a band-aid.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad