GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 16 & 17

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Wonder who the next manager Watford has lined up is.

I'd be apoplectic if that penalty went against me, though. Awful, awful call. Brentford player created that contact, even if as a defender it's idiotic to dive in that situation.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I'd be apoplectic if that penalty went against me, though. Awful, awful call. Brentford player created that contact, even if as a defender it's idiotic to dive in that situation.
What happened to Michael Oliver?

Has not been the same since the Buffon red card

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Was there even a real contact. Terrible call.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly pep should thank his lucky stars that Mahrez doesn’t mind not starting every game. He’s probably the best player out there who isn’t an out an out starter.

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Raul Jimenez with one of the dumbest back-to-back yellows I have ever seen. Sent off for being an idiot.

Reactions: gary69

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Jimenez sent off for blocking a free kick. Very very weak from the ref. The worst game I’ve seen this season. Nothing happening no chances for either team. Litttle football being played and now he takes forever to get off.

@Blender thanks for joining me so quiet today.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Jimenez sent off for blocking a free kick. Very very weak from the ref. The worst game I’ve seen this season. Nothing happening no chances for either team. Litttle football being played and now he takes forever to get off.

@Blender thanks for joining me so quiet today.
Weak? He was practically asking him to send him off. Utter stupidity from Jimenez.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Jimenez obviously got some brain damage from that collision a couple of years ago. Easiest red for a referee I've seen, not even an English ref could make a mess of that.

please delete this is a disgusting post

Weak? He was practically asking him to send him off. Utter stupidity from Jimenez.

he was being a complete idiot I just don’t like games ruined for meaningless plays. Saiss diving over nothing deserved a card but wasn’t given. Even the first yellow was awful.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
please delete this is a disgusting post

he was being a complete idiot I just don’t like games ruined for meaningless plays. Saiss diving over nothing deserved a card but wasn’t given. Even the first yellow was awful.
He has only himself to blame, just a stupid play. You have to be smarter than that, and not count on the ref to let it by.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The second yellow for blocking the kick is basically an automatic but the first yellow was super weak. Usually I’d like an official to recognize how soft the first yellow is and having a talking with the player on the second instead of a sending off.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He has only himself to blame, just a stupid play. You have to be smarter than that, and not count on the ref to let it by.
I’m bit disagreeing I just don’t think it’s right to give a 2nd yellow. Combine that with the weak first yellow the ref should’ve just chewed his ear off and get on with it

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I’m bit disagreeing I just don’t think it’s right to give a 2nd yellow. Combine that with the weak first yellow the ref should’ve just chewed his ear off and get on with it
Why? Both are worthy yellows. Why should he be given leeway for making two yellow worty plays in a matter of seconds?

Reactions: luiginb

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
The second one is a automatic yellow, first one maybe bit soft but i’m sure nobody would disagree with it if it wasn’t for him getting the second yellow right after.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
The second yellow for blocking the kick is basically an automatic but the first yellow was super weak. Usually I’d like an official to recognize how soft the first yellow is and having a talking with the player on the second instead of a sending off.
Eh, he fouled him three times from behind, if he wasn't a dumbass after, no one would complain about the first yellow. Like I said, you have to be smarter and not count on others bailing you out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad