PL Matchweek 8

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Completely dominated United...sucks that we just couldn't score.

Not even a shot in the second half.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really bad showing from Klopp there.

Waited too long for the subs (Chamberlain looked very good) and didn’t prepare the team well.

There was no other way Man U was going to play, and still had no idea to do.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I would have signed up for a draw against the side that's probably going to win the league.

Had United failed to score in any prior matches?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You're being idiotic lately about Klopp. We completely dominated them and had enough chances to at least score one. We didn't finish. Klopp can't put the ball in the net for them and de Gea made a fantastic save to prevent a goal (and then Salah took the ball when Coutinho had a much better angle). It happens. We cut United open numerous times.

Eventually the balls will drop the other way and we'll start putting away all the glorious chances we've made.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Completely dominated is a pretty huge stretch.

They had a lot of the ball but created very few chances. The Lukaku chance was probably the best chance of the game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would have signed up for a draw against the side that's probably going to win the league.

Had United failed to score in any prior matches?

When you drop points to Burnley and Newcastle, you need to find them elsewhere. They had zero shots on goal in the second half.

Keeping Man U off the scoreboard should not be moral victory. Man U did not need the points today. Liverpool did.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lukaku chance wasn't better or a harder save than Matip's shot from Firmino's ball. Even Salah's follow up was a great chance to score. Can, Lovren, Salah all had other good chances also.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You're being idiotic lately about Klopp. We completely dominated them and had enough chances to at least score one. We didn't finish. Klopp can't put the ball in the net for them and de Gea made a fantastic save to prevent a goal (and then Salah took the ball when Coutinho had a much better angle). It happens. We cut United open numerous times.

Eventually the balls will drop the other way and we'll start putting away all the glorious chances we've made.

Running out of time waiting. Another parked bus that Liverpool couldn’t score on. Liverpool should have better prepared for this because that was the only way Man U going to set up. They need to learn to score goals in these games. They dropped points against Newcastle and Burnley. They need to get them somewhere else now. They haven’t finished for weeks. Manager needs to fix that or adjust the tactics. He has done neither.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
When you drop points to Burnley and Newcastle, you need to find them elsewhere. They had zero shots on goal in the second half.

Keeping Man U off the scoreboard should not be moral victory. Man U did not need the points today. Liverpool did.
If you don't think that's a positive result then I don't think you're being realistic.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
United did need the points today cause they are trying to keep up with City. Not Klopp's fault Can missed a sitter.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you don't think that's a positive result then I don't think you're being realistic.

The game was there for the taking. They were home and are supposedly better against top opposition. 0-0 is not a positive result. Liverpool need wins. Especially after throwing points away against Newcastle and Burnley.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
United did need the points today cause they are trying to keep up with City. Not Klopp's fault Can missed a sitter.

Mourinho will gladly take an away draw against top 6 because united will punish the bottom 14. That’s how you win leagues and that is why Klopp will ever win the league with Liverpool.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Mourinho will gladly take an away draw against top 6 because united will punish the bottom 14. That’s how you win leagues and that is why Klopp will ever win the league with Liverpool.
Nah, Pep will be beating the top 6 and the bottom 14. He already went into the Bridge and won.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

As a United fan It’s frustrating to watch that. But you’re right in that pragmatism wins leagues.

With Pogba and Fellani out, it would have been stupid to chase the game today and play into Liverpool’s style.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As a United fan It’s frustrating to watch that. But you’re right in that pragmatism wins leagues.

With Pogba and Fellani out, it would have been stupid to chase the game today and play into Liverpool’s style.

Yup. It was obvious how united was going to play and Klopp offered nothing to break it down. Again.

Reactions: Virtanen18

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Before the season started:

Liverpool have the best attack in the league.
Liverpool have learned to play against a parked bus.
Liverpool always do well against the top 6.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Offered nothing lol. Why don't you go become a Chelsea fan or something? Your whining about things that aren't even true like a broken record is obtuse at best. Liverpool broke down Mourinhos bus multiple times. Klopp can't score he can only set the team up to.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

And Bailly too. He provides a lot of safety at the back, especially since he can run too.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think "offered nothing" is harsh, but there were still very few chances. Matip and Can had the only real good ones (and I suppose Salah from the Matip rebound). That's two passages of play that resulted in high quality chances. United had one.

I thought the subs were atrocious. I was grateful when I saw who was coming off and on becuase Klopp took away Liverpools best players and put on players who wouldn't be able to do anything close to what they provided.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad