GWT: PL Matchweek 4

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
He's been below average today but Chelsea fans don't deserve Alonso, you'd think he's Aly Cissokho the way you guys talk about him.

Also, I'm glad it took just 4 matches for the first Arsenal fan to agree with me that White is terribly overrated.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
He's been below average today but Chelsea fans don't deserve Alonso, you'd think he's Aly Cissokho the way you guys talk about him.

Also, I'm glad it took just 4 matches for the first Arsenal fan to agree with me that White is terribly overrated.

We talk about him this way because of his personal history, not because of his play

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think there can be up to 7 draws this weekend. Don't see any matchups that are clear wins for any side outside of United vs Newcastle. This weekend can kinda show who's closer to top half quality vs bottom half with the right results.

So Spurs is definitely not a top 4 threat and top 6 will be a struggle. Palace could be this years leads if they keep this play up. City are still title favorites. Leicester aren't and top 4 will be tough. Chelsea seems a real threat with Lukaku banging in goals. Villa will remain a mid table club. Arsenal aren't dead yet but need to show this against a better side. Norwich will be in the championship next year. Wolves I don't think will be in a relegation fight. Watford will. Brighton figured out how to score and top half is possible. Brentford will be competitive every game but need to be more clinical or they could find themselves in trouble at the end of the year.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
White really isn’t overrated. Especially not on here. Hard to be overrated when you aren’t really that highly rated. He is underrated on here if anything, and was superb today. But yes, I prefer Saliba.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Re: Nuno, nobody will like him very much after half the season. He is purely a results oriented manager. His football won't win a title but it could get a team where they need to go before they can win a title. Nobody should get their hopes up for Spurs to play any other kind of football. His teams don't do that. Last two seasons his offensive tactics were solely to give the ball to Neto, Jota, or Traore and have them run fifty yards. That's it. Everyone knows how good Jota is now, but their tactics had him playing in midfield instead of close to the goal.

That being said defensively his tactics work pretty well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I want to comment on the other matches after watching them...

- How Tanganga didn't get a straight red for denying that goal opportunity on Zaha shows how shambolic Moss is as a ref. I think Tanganga is going to be a great player, but his physicality and play will definitely lead him to having the top 5 most yellow cards in the league during his prime...if not already. He should've been given a yellow in the first match of the season as well which didn't get.

- I think Harry Kane has to be one of the most legitimately hated players in the league for me. He goes around throwing around flying elbows, trying to break legs on reckless tackles, diving when he gets contact, and then has the audacity to go up to the ref and just bitch around like he's greek god or something. I can't stand the double standard elements.

- I absolutely hate CP, but Vieria is showing how wrong @Evilo was. Edouard was also brilliant, plays a lot like Lukaku but with a bit more skill off the ball (might be this year's Raul Jimenez). Benteke is still one of the worst players with decent skills I've ever seen. I don't understand how he could be a starter for a team like CP...

- Ronaldo is world class, we all know this, but that had to be some of the worst goalkeeping I've watched from the Newcastle keeper. I mean, world class finish for CR7 second goal, but getting beat five hole on an angle shot should be no excuses no questions asked on how bad that was and this is me not even talking about the first goal. Newcastle was so unbelievably poor today that they allowed United to do whatever they wanted, but Man United is how I wanted Arsenal to rebuild and play. They were absolutely fantastic just toying Bruces' club around like a ragdoll.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I want to comment on the other matches after watching them...

- How Tanganga didn't get a straight red for denying that goal opportunity on Zaha shows how shambolic Moss is as a ref. I think Tanganga is going to be a great player, but his physicality and play will definitely lead him to having the top 5 most yellow cards in the league during his prime...if not already. He should've been given a yellow in the first match of the season as well which didn't get.

That was never a dogso situation. He should have got a straight red because he blocked him off by putting his forearms across Zaha’s face.

I’m sure if Zaha has rolled around like he broke an orbital bone it would have been a red, but instead he got up and got angry so it’s easy to just give them both yellow and pretend it never happened.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Here’s some Sp*rs stats so far this season,
Shots: 38 (~18th)
Big chances created: 1 (~20th)
Goals: 3 (~16th)
Shots against: 70 (1st)
How have they got 9 points?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
It's criminal really. There's a good reason why I believed Nuno absolutely didn't deserve MOTM.

What makes it even worse is Levy's statement this summer about wanting the team to stick to "Attacking, free-flowing, entertaining football". Nuno is the absolute opposite to this mate...

I don't care if he's a good bloke. He shouldn't be managing Spurs really.

Reactions: Fro

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
21199E75-F9D6-4820-A5BE-93DB51D5FE1F.jpeg

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think it's completely fine here. Not sure why you are trying to police posts so often.

Because you Spurs and Arsenal fans are hijacking and derailing theses threads so soften with stuff that doesn't belong in Gameweek threads. I created the thread because people were getting fed up with your bickering/banter during games people wanted to actually talk about. You lot are insufferable.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Because you Spurs and Arsenal fans are hijacking and derailing theses threads so soften with stuff that doesn't belong in Gameweek threads. I created the thread because people were getting fed up with your bickering/banter during games people wanted to actually talk about. You lot are insufferable.

That belongs in a game thread dude. They just played a f***ing game yesterday and the manager sucked and they're talking about it.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's criminal really. There's a good reason why I believed Nuno absolutely didn't deserve MOTM.

What makes it even worse is Levy's statement this summer about wanting the team to stick to "Attacking, free-flowing, entertaining football". Nuno is the absolute opposite to this mate...

I don't care if he's a good bloke. He shouldn't be managing Spurs really.

I remember seeing Wolves play last year and thinking that for a team full of Spaniards/Portuguese they sure are playing a pretty structured, risk-averse game. So I don't think it's a surprise that Spurs under the same coach wouldn't exactly be explosive going forward.

From what I understand Nuno was like Plan C or D or even E. I think Levy's had a mare the last few years, really ever since that CL Final defeat.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Who is bickering? Please, enlighten me.

All we're talking about is how ass-backwards Nuno is considering the game this matchweek. That's all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad