GWT: PL Matchweek 32

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He is absolutely terrible in terms of positionning. As shown multiple times in this game.
That doesn't change his outstanding abilities going forward. But it can be costly, as has been the case here (and his offensive has been nowhere to be found today either).
I cannot take you seriously. First LFC have created nothing but HE was the player that created the first goal. LFC barely had any possession in offense... what can he do more exactly? No corner, no free kicks either. He is a human he needs his teammates to help him to create offense.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I cannot take you seriously. First LFC have created nothing but HE was the player that created the first goal. LFC barely had any possession in offense... what can he do more exactly? No corner, no free kicks either. He is a human he needs his teammates to help him to create offense.
Yes, he is human and directly responsible for one goal against.
His teammates need him to be aware of offside and positionning.
In this game, he has been more negative than positive. Not arguable.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This is simply not true and a straw man built by LFC fans who are unwilling to accept legitimate criticism of him. No one denies he is elite going forwards. Against 90% of teams his defensive shortcomings don't matter and are more than outweighed by his offensive contributions. This afternoon, against a top side, he's getting brutally exposed.

It would be like Man Utd fans trying to deny that De Gea's distribution is poor because he is a great shot stopper.
Oh don't get me wrong, I accept legitimate critics. You should hear me after each LFC mistakes. It's just constant ad nauseum concerning critics on TAA. I swear, It's an obssession from fans to mention TAA and bad defese. Even England are not even using him because of these critics.
He is the best offense creator in the league and one of the best creator in the world too. I get the critics but his good is way more useful than the bad if you get what I mean.

Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's not just what TAA does with the ball. By playing so high and being so good with the ball, him being there unbalances their defense completely like on that goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad