GWT: PL Matchweek 31

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Arsenal should forget about Spurs behind them and focus on 3rd, it's there for them if they play well enough.

Chelsea is in trouble.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Gerrard will be lucky if the fanbase hasn't turned on him by the end of the season

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Manchester United have some of the worst spacing I’ve ever seen and the same ideas as a bad high school team.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Watching McTominay under a high press is absolutely hilarious. United have no technical security in defence or the midfield pivot with this lineup. Hard to be a top team without basic technical security.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Watching McTominay under a high press is absolutely hilarious. United have no technical security in defence or the midfield pivot with this lineup. Hard to be a top team without basic technical security.
I like Varane’s distribution and Fred has his moments. McTominay isn’t great but he’s mostly there for his work rate and willingness in defense. When you have guys like Pogba, Bruno, and Sancho, you can get away with McTominay. Granted I also hate Maguire and if you told me we were releasing him I wouldn’t necessarily be upset.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I like Varane’s distribution and Fred has his moments. McTominay isn’t great but he’s mostly there for his work rate and willingness in defense. When you have guys like Pogba, Bruno, and Sancho, you can get away with McTominay. Granted I also hate Maguire and if you told me we were releasing him I wouldn’t necessarily be upset.
Fred absolutely isn't technically reliable. "Has his moments" but you can't count on him to be techically secure at all. I think the same thing goes for Varane. Lindelöf is your best player in the build up phase and should start every game.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fred absolutely isn't technically reliable. "Has his moments" but you can't count on him to be techically secure at all. I think the same thing goes for Varane. Lindelöf is your best player in the build up phase and should start every game.
Only reason Lindelof should start is because of Maguire. He is no where near our best player in the build up. Realistically they need someone who can play as a lone 6 so Pogba can drop back (if he stays).

Reactions: Jussi

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Only reason Lindelof should start is because of Maguire. He is no where near our best player in the build up. Realistically they need someone who can play as a lone 6 so Pogba can drop back (if he stays).
Of course you need a technically secure number 6. That's by far the most glaring weakness you have.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Of course you need a technically secure number 6. That's by far the most glaring weakness you have.
What does “technically secure” even mean? Can make a simple pass? Like all of this team is “technically secure.” Especially if you think Lindelof is our best “build up” player which is a laughable claim.

Reactions: luiginb and Jussi

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What does “technically secure” even mean? Can make a simple pass? Like all of this team is “technically secure.” Especially if you think Lindelof is our best “build up” player which is a laughable claim.
Being able to retain the ball well and progress play in possession. Lindelöf is one of the best ball playing defenders in Europe, and a good example of technical security.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
So basically Fred. Also no on Lindelof.
No, not Fred. Fred is absolutely not techically secure. Press Fred and your team will have success. Partey, Rodri, Fabinho, those guys, are examples of technically secure players. City and Arsenal basically have technical security in all of midfield and defense (possibly with the exception of Gabriel)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No, not Fred. Fred is absolutely not techically secure. Partey, Rodri, Fabinho, those guys, are examples of technically secure players. City and Arsenal basically have technical security in all of midfield and defense (possibly with the exception of Gabriel)
:laugh: no Arsenal don’t. My god. I haven’t posted here in a while and I forgot the homerism for Arsenal.

Reactions: Jussi

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
:laugh: no Arsenal don’t. My god. I haven’t posted here in a while and I forgot the homerism for Arsenal.
Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, White, Tierney, Partey and Xhaka are prime examples of technically secure players who excel under a press and in possession. They can progress the ball well and make passes into important without giving it away (unlike someone like Fred). You don't understand basic footballing concepts like press resistance and technical security?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You and I have very different ideas of technically secure.
Any football fan would describe those players as techically secure. Teams like Brighton have technical security in almost their entire backline and midfield too. That's why they control games, unlike United.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Fred just caused a goal because he lacks exactly what we have been talking about.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If you think that goal is due to Fred's "technical security" you should watch a different sport because you have zero idea how this one works.
It's not really down to that, but look at the first few touches. Partey brings down the ball without making a miscontrolled weird header to himself and plays a dangerous pass there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad