GWT: PL gameweek 29 leftovers

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Referees have a duty to protect the players. This is absolutely disgraceful. That was incredibly dangerous. Saka walks off a leg breaking challenge every week. This can’t be allowed to continue.

Xhaka would have been sent off for what Mings did and what McGinn did.

Reactions: Brunkmeister

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Also, Rodri and Fabinho do exactly the same thing Xhaka did 3-4 times in a game and are never given yellows

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
In no world would that be a "stonewall" red.

Out of that whole situation, the only thing that was disgraceful was the conduct of the Arsenal players and staff.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
lol at thinking the Mings challenge was comparable to that one.
Xhaka did not get anything but the ball. Mings dangerously hit Saka and could have broke his leg. Xhaka did not deserve red or even a freekick against. Mings should have a long suspension.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Saka is going to end up with a really serious injury one day and it's on the league. Just like it was with Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey. Absolutely no protection. It’s encouraged becuase people are playing dumb for no reason. Fans and pundits will just call the team soft for getting his leg broken like they used to. It’s almost mid 2000s level cheating this.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
There is an insane level of jealousy by some rival fans to justify the cheating. Disgusting. You all hope Arsenal have another top talent get his career ruined?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ref indicated that Xhaka was booked for numerous fouls, counted ‘1, 2, 3’.
Stats show Xhaka has committed 1 foul and I assume that was one he got booked for. Cash just made his fourth foul of the game. Card? No.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You need help dude. Your team is playing really well, on an excellent run of form, and are the clear favorites to finish in the CL spot for the first time since 2016 and all you can do is whine about officiating and conspiracy every single week.
I’m angry because I know our best talents will be allowed to have their careers ruined. A dangerous studs up leg breaker against Saka goes unpunished in almost every game. Knowing that a great generation of youngsters will be allowed to have their careers ruined would piss you off too, right?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Would have been nice for them to drop points here, but they have that run of Chelsea/United/West Ham that will play decider. I don't think Arsenal were anything special today, Villa were very poor.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Great to get a win coming off the loss on Wednesday. Was nervous when Leno was announced in goal but he did fine for what he faced.

I expected more fight from Villa. They were pretty much non-existent the first half.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Great to get a win coming off the loss on Wednesday. Was nervous when Leno was announced in goal but he did fine for what he faced.

I expected more fight from Villa. They were pretty much non-existent the first half.

Yea they played a lot better in the second half and as a whole it was closer to even, but in the first half they were awful. Poor passing, poor spacing, and poor movement.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You need help dude. Your team is playing really well, on an excellent run of form, and are the clear favorites to finish in the CL spot for the first time since 2016 and all you can do is whine about officiating and conspiracy every single week.
It must be something with Arsenal.
It reminds me Ty for Arsenal TV.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It goes without saying that it’s a bit over the top but it is frustrating seeing arsenal players get fouled consistently and it being lightly or not even punished and then seeing much much softer fouls by Arsenal getting punished by yellows or even reds

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am very surprised that Aston finished that match without a red, but the Mings challenge wasn't one of those. It's a ridiculously awful type of tackle, but he got the ball first and I blame Saka going for it more than Mings. AB is right though, if that was Xhaka it would've been a straight red even if I believe neither of them are card-worthy IMHO.

Arsenal played good defensively, Leno was brilliant, but I didn't like our offensive game today. This should've been a smooth 3-0 victory, but Arsenal made it really tough on themselves when you consider the crazy amount of blinder moments by certain players. ESR didn't have a good game nor did Laca who had a streaking Pepe and decides to take the shot himself lol (that was so bad). Defensive as a unit though was one of their best matches of the season, we had some rough moments, but for the most part that was complete dominance for a road game.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Reputation matters in this... So it makes sense that Xhaka would have been red-carded. I totally get that people think it;s unfair against Xhaka at time, however, he is a complete loose cannon and has lost the benefit of the doubt....

Same with my main guy Nazem Kadri.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad