PK helping kids part 3

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
This was my initial thought. Nothing wrong with the idea but what I consider to be Appalachia from the terrible poverty perspective is several hours from Nashville, and the heart of it isn't even in Tennessee IMO. I consider the main Appalachian areas to be Eastern Kentucky, West Virginia, West(ern) Virginia, etc.
Yeah there is very little if any extreme poverty in Tennessee. It is actually one of the richer and more industrial states in the south. Maybe helping the Gatlinburg fire victims would be something but the team is already doing that.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I don't even understand what you are doing with these posts? Discounting what PK did do because you found a cause you personally think is somehow better? I mean what are you babbling about?

I'm not babbling about anything, I'm just saying PK would be more awesome if he did work in a not as well known region and broke stereotypes and lead to a more better future. I appreciate what he's doing right now, and am not asking for anymore, but I'm just saying he'll look even better and be an even greater person if he took my request.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Yeah there is very little if any extreme poverty in Tennessee. It is actually one of the richer and more industrial states in the south. Maybe helping the Gatlinburg fire victims would be something but the team is already doing that.

Appalachia and reserves aren't even extreme poverty, they're just areas that are more likely to have poverty, social issues, etc. compared to other parts.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm not babbling about anything, I'm just saying PK would be more awesome if he did work in a not as well known region and broke stereotypes and lead to a more better future. I appreciate what he's doing right now, and am not asking for anymore, but I'm just saying he'll look even better and be an even greater person if he took my request.

It would be nice if he could be a champion of all good causes and bring attention to them, but then some would accuse him of just wanting to be seen instead of having true interest in the cause. It's a fine line. He chose sickle cell anemia in Nashville, which is something I hadn't heard mentioned in years. Sure, we hear about the sick kids at Vanderbilt and St. Jude's a lot, we see the kids with cancer and leukemia at the games, but his choosing kids with sickle cell was something that reminded me that there are some kids with that illness. It hasn't been eradicated--and quite frankly I was unaware of that. So he opened my eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad