PK helping kids part 3

E82

Feb 3, 2015
Made sure the cameras were rolling, I hope

Yes, you have a problem with it? You don't seem to be smart enough to know that the Cameras benefit both him and the kids bringing in awareness.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
and, with the titans winning, this provided the ONLY media attention connected with the Preds. HOW SHAMEFUL.

What? The Titans are winning a football game? Good for them!

Better for PK Subban! I hope that doesn't upset any lurking Canadiens fans.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
What? The Titans are winning a football game? Good for them!

Better for PK Subban! I hope that doesn't upset any lurking Canadiens fans.

Too late apparently.

Regardless of how we're doing on the ice, PK is a tremendous human being and a fantastic role model. Cameras going or not, there are a million other things a guy with his wealth could be doing on his day off. Proud to have him as a Predator. :handclap:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I really don't want to bring up race and politics in this, but seeing how there's a relatively poor area known as Appalachia near Nashville, and it would be awesome if Subban went and helped out there. It's unknown to a lot of people and it also shows a side that most people aren't aware of which is poor whites. Subban going there and helping out would completely destroy the racist "hill*****" stereotype that exists, and would lead to a better future for my opinion. Yes Appalachia is very unaccepting of outsiders for the most parts, but an athlete who is extremely generous and kind hearted should minimum be accepted by teens (Who are mostly in mainstream stuff anyways). Just bringing it up, and I hope all of you understand where I'm coming from.

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
I see this has already brought out the Bergevin Defense Force.

Good on him. The world needs more people like P.K., and the people that are always on his case and questioning his motives only proves that.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I really don't want to bring up race and politics in this, but seeing how there's a relatively poor area known as Appalachia near Nashville, and it would be awesome if Subban went and helped out there. It's unknown to a lot of people and it also shows a side that most people aren't aware of which is poor whites. Subban going there and helping out would completely destroy the racist "hill*****" stereotype that exists, and would lead to a better future for my opinion. Yes Appalachia is very unaccepting of outsiders for the most parts, but an athlete who is extremely generous and kind hearted should minimum be accepted by teens (Who are mostly in mainstream stuff anyways). Just bringing it up, and I hope all of you understand where I'm coming from.

PK has focused on sick kids and that is a worthy cause. There are 20 plus other Preds players who could take the Appalachian people under their wing, though--and the Predators Foundation may have done so. Coverage of what is being done would bring more exposure to the cause, whoever gives assistance.

The Appalachian region isn't quite as close to Nashville as you might think, unless you're talking about a group located in the foothills or something. Even that is an hour or two away. Tennessee is a very long state!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
PK has focused on sick kids and that is a worthy cause. There are 20 plus other Preds players who could take the Appalachian people under their wing, though--and the Predators Foundation may have done so. Coverage of what is being done would bring more exposure to the cause, whoever gives assistance.

The Appalachian region isn't quite as close to Nashville as you might think, unless you're talking about a group located in the foothills or something. Even that is an hour or two away. Tennessee is a very long state!
This was my initial thought. Nothing wrong with the idea but what I consider to be Appalachia from the terrible poverty perspective is several hours from Nashville, and the heart of it isn't even in Tennessee IMO. I consider the main Appalachian areas to be Eastern Kentucky, West Virginia, West(ern) Virginia, etc.

belle

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Kudos to PK.

He gave the gift of his time, adventure and generosity to children (and by extension their families) in a difficult situation.

No judgments from me. Most of us have something that speaks to our heart. Not all of us take action when we feel the tug.

From his actions, what speaks to PKs heart are sick and hospitalized children. He responds. So kudos.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I guess, but I feel it would be better if someone like Subban did it is all. Besides I've met Josi, Ekholm, and Forsberg in Toronto haha, and they said they say they envy Subban because he just helps whoever needs it, whereas Josi, Ekholm, and Forsberg despite being in a foreign country prefer to help their own home countries first (Which is still a great thing).

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This was my initial thought. Nothing wrong with the idea but what I consider to be Appalachia from the terrible poverty perspective is several hours from Nashville, and the heart of it isn't even in Tennessee IMO. I consider the main Appalachian areas to be Eastern Kentucky, West Virginia, West(ern) Virginia, etc.

Well regardless I feel Subban or the Predators organization can offer some assistance, same goes for Minnesota and helping the poorest region in the entire Untied States in the Native Reserves (Which is far poorer than Appalachia by far). Yes Minnesota and Nashville might not be close to those places per say, but Minnesota is the closest to the Reserves, whereas I believe Nashville should be the closest to Appalachia (Maybe Pittsburgh is even closer IDK).

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well regardless I feel Subban or the Predators organization can offer some assistance, same goes for Minnesota and helping the poorest region in the entire Untied States in the Native Reserves (Which is far poorer than Appalachia by far). Yes Minnesota and Nashville might not be close to those places per say, but Minnesota is the closest to the Reserves, whereas I believe Nashville should be the closest to Appalachia (Maybe Pittsburgh is even closer IDK).
I have nothing against the idea but I will say that the Preds have been selling shirts that say they "Stand With Gatlinburg" (poplular East TN town struck by fires a few weeks ago. You may have known that though). And the proceeds all go to charity out there, so they aren't ignoring that area by any means. Geographically I would probably say Pittsburgh is closer to the heart of Appalachia than Nashville.....maybe even Carolina...., although I'll admit that I'd be totally cool with the organization extending a hand to rural East Tennessee, I'm just not sure what they would really do. In this part of the country hockey is a very niche sport. If you went out to the mountains of Tennessee you'd likely encounter a large percentage of people who don't have a clue who the Nashville Predators are. Unlike rural Minnesota reserves the Wild (I assume).

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

I don't even understand what you are doing with these posts? Discounting what PK did do because you found a cause you personally think is somehow better? I mean what are you babbling about?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't even understand what you are doing with these posts? Discounting what PK did do because you found a cause you personally think is somehow better? I mean what are you babbling about?
I don't see the harm in the suggestion although it will never happen. Nashville is lucky to have a guy like PK in the community and that's the bottom line. Plus, in a small way, the team is helping East Tennessee with the Gatlinburg shirts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad