Post-Game Talk: pizza hut

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
They're like those low-card, never used, wrestlers who somehow always manage to avoid yearly "budget cuts." And you look back and think "Damn, they've been employed for 10 years..."
The Disco Inferno
Brooklyn Brawler Steve Lombardi
Billy Gunn, or Bart Gunn
Ernest The Cat Miller

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania and TGWL

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Losing a cheap depth center management obviously likes to waivers to protect a guy that can pass thru waivers without issue is bad asset management yes
I don’t disagree that management likes him. I don’t think he’ll get claimed and even if he does it’s not like it kills our depth. We have other cheap depth centers like Brod that can play.

Also by being able to use paper transactions it will help bank more space for the trade deadline. Every penny counts this year.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Hajek and Gauthier are looking to enter seasons 5 and 4 as a ranger. That's incredible tenure for who they are
When Gauthier first came to us in that trade, I was really hoping he could top out as a bigger stronger Hagelin. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be able to think the game well enough for that. Shame - it would go a long way towards fixing our top 6 RW issues.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Inferno and Billy Gunn were champions. Get your facts straight bruh.

Also no HM of Bastian Booger ?
Wasn't Bastian Booger also Typhoon? Remember Nailz?

With Inferno, it wasn't until WCW ran the nWo storyline into the ground and they had to reach into the depths of their roster to keep nWo going, iirc.

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
They clearly do not want to break up the Kid Line but that creates a gaping hole next to Kreider and Zibanejad. First Blais now Goodrow.

Reactions: Rongomania

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Wasn't Bastian Booger also Typhoon? Remember Nailz?

With Inferno, it wasn't until WCW ran the nWo storyline into the ground and they had to reach into the depths of their roster to keep nWo going, iirc.

Bastian Booger (who I always think about when I hear Nathan Bastian on the Devils) was Mike Shaw. He was Norman The Lunatic in WCW and Friar Ferguson in WWF before Vince gave him the Bastian Booger gimmick.

Nailz was Kevin Kelly from AWA. He had a cool gimmick.

Typhoon was Fred Othman (not Othmann lol) who also played Tugboat in WWE and later The Shockmaster in WCW. He did a Cameo for my birthday a few years back thanks to my friends. Really cool guy.

Disco has a podcast with Konan. I like when they talk about wrestling. The other stuff not so much.

I love talking old school wrestling especially late 80s-early 90s. That was a big part of my childhood. And to keep it related to hockey, where I grew up, WCCW was on Sportschannel Friday nights after Mets/Nets/Islanders/Devils/Seton Hall. Great promotion and a lot of guys like Paul Bearer, Mick Foley, Kerry Von Erich, Jeff Farrett, and even Jerry Lawler after the Memphis-Dallas merger we'd see in the big two a few years later.

RIP Antonio Inoki.

He was! And then he had some type of meth head biker character in the nation of domination. Three gimmicks, one name, completely lacking in creativity yet brilliant.
I really liked Krush the end of his career when him and Adam Bomb/Wrath were Kronik.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Bastian Booger (who I always think about when I hear Nathan Bastian on the Devils) was Mike Shaw. He was Norman The Lunatic in WCW and Friar Ferguson in WWF before Vince gave him the Bastian Booger gimmick.

Typhoon was Fred Othman (not Othmann lol) who also played Tugboat in WWE and later The Shockmaster in WCW. He did a Cameo for my birthday a few years back thanks to my friends. Really cool guy.

Disco has a podcast with Konan. I like when they talk about wrestling. The other stuff not so much.

I love talking old school wrestling especially late 80s-early 90s. That was a big part of my childhood. And to keep it related to hockey, where I grew up, WCCW was on Sportschannel Friday nights after Mets/Nets/Islanders/Devils/Seton Hall. Great promotion and a lot of guys like Paul Bearer, Mick Foley, Kerry Von Erich, Jeff Farrett, and even Jerry Lawler after the Memphis-Dallas merger we'd see in the big two a few years later.

RIP Antonio Inoki.

I really liked Krush the end of his career when him and Adam Bomb/Wrath were Kronik.

Amazing. I'm an '86 bday so my knowledge is all like '90-2002. Then covid, and I went hardcore YouTube deep diving.

It's like the greatest reality show ever reading about/watching interviews about behind the scenes back then.

The old matches where so many of these guys were clearly smacked into oblivion.

• Love
Reactions: Roo Returns

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

RIP Antonio Inoki.

Great post.

How about Aldo Montoya, the Portuguese man of war? Not to be confused with goalie Al Montoya. The guy who played Montoya became Justin Credible in ECW. @Rongomania

Last edited:

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
When you’re snakebit for five years after having never scored goals in the first place, it’s not being snakebit.
He's scored some goals.. mostly from long distance which is why it's crazy that he keeps going to the net lol those French Canadians sure are stubborn (then again I'm sure it's the coach telling him to do that but he's french Canadian also ha).why can't he see that a circle 🕳 can't fit where a square should be? 😉

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
The really incredible thing is that they’ve never been utilized in roles above who they are. Typically a completely foreign concept when it comes to this team and bottom of the lineup players.
My thoughts exactly.. you would think that they would try them with good players after a while just to see how they do.. mind boggling. Then again that's how it's always been with this team. Our Players go to other teams and become stars.

Gauthier is not snakebit. He simply does not have ability.
He sure did playing top 6 in the ahl.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I'm currently on vacation with her. Will be back tomorrow. Did you actually move to Medellin? We were just in Colombia. Beautiful city.
You got your new passport to love, and you're getting it stamped.

Next destination on your passport: Romance

This must be just like living in paradise.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
You got your new passport to love, and you're getting it stamped.

Next destination on your passport: Romance

This must be just like living in paradise.
And i don't want to go hoooome. I never wanna goooo .

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
They clearly do not want to break up the Kid Line but that creates a gaping hole next to Kreider and Zibanejad. First Blais now Goodrow.

I'm not totally convinced that Blais is top 9 material but Goodrow certainly can be in a pinch. Difference is that we are used to having a defensive forward in the top 6 on the Panarin line not the Zibby line- it doesn't seem like a fit for me. I think that line needs a playmaker on the right wing like Zuccarello. Don't really have one of those in stock right now but who knows with Kakko.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
We got too many depth forwards.

IF we keep the Kid Line intact and VK stays with Panarin, then we only have 5 roster slots for 8 guys:

1. Vesey
2. Rydahl
3. Carpenter
4. Gauthier
5. Blais
6. Goodrow
7. Hunt
8. Reaves
Gauthier, hunt, carp, Reaves all easy to let go or limit. Good problem to have to not guarantee all those guys a spot

I'm not totally convinced that Blais is top 9 material but Goodrow certainly can be in a pinch. Difference is that we are used to having a defensive forward in the top 6 on the Panarin line not the Zibby line- it doesn't seem like a fit for me. I think that line needs a playmaker on the right wing like Zuccarello. Don't really have one of those in stock right now but who knows with Kakko.
W what we paid goodrow, he should be more than top 9 in a pinch. Maybe he asks for a trade in a year or two if he can't get time. Or maybe as the roster shifts he reclaims a 3rdc line role again

Reactions: Fitzy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad