Series Talk: Pittsburgh vs. New York (Islanders lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
This is just part of the plan to not reveal our new starting goalie - Ron Hextall! If you can't beat them on the scoreboards, slash the hell out of them. :)

Seriously, I assume they were having a morning skate because was giving interviews.

Also, why are reporters even interviewing him anyway, he hasn't said anything new in literally years.
waht? and what about playing the way that gives us the best chance to win? Huh? The media scrubs are even worse with their questions, anyways he sounded pretty convincing, I think he thinks we got this....thats good...

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
This is just part of the plan to not reveal our new starting goalie - Ron Hextall! If you can't beat them on the scoreboards, slash the hell out of them. :)

Seriously, I assume they were having a morning skate because was giving interviews.

Also, why are reporters even interviewing him anyway, he hasn't said anything new in literally years.
The interviews are over Zoom. Coaches are required to do them before every game, no matter if there is a morning skate or not.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I always wonder if fans will actually miss all those mandatory interviews if they are no longer a thing. If a player or a coach has something interesting to say, I am sure the journalists will be happy to interview him, if not - why waste everyone's time with canned phrases?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I always wonder if fans will actually miss all those mandatory interviews if they are no longer a thing. If a player or a coach has something interesting to say, I am sure the journalists will be happy to interview him, if not - why waste everyone's time with canned phrases?

I wouldn't miss them at all, myself.

Like you said nothing interesting or revealing is ever said.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Like I said in another thread a few weeks ago, but especially tonight. I think they will go as far as they feel like IMO.

They’ll face adversity and either mentally check out early and it’s golf time, or they’ll press on and throw everything they have at Sorokin and light him up.

I’m on the fence about what we see.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
His team was swept because the Isles couldn't score for shit against the Canes, he still ended up with a .936 sv. Price had the exact same .sv next year, so it's not like they were only good against the Pens. Our team is deeply flawed but it's also true they have been playing against really good goalies in the playoffs. But this is HFPens where everything it's always the fault of the Pens only and other teams never deserve any credit for anything other than outcoaching the hapless Sully because narrative.

Islanders couldn't score against the Canes but had no issue averaging 3.5 goals in 4 games against us. Why is that? Because our defense sucks. Lehner only had that sv because he got benched for Greiss in 2 games. So...

Props to the less talented teams that beat us because they have the discipline to play real hockey. Meanwhile us.. Oh you got the best player in the world, top 5 center, and elite goal scorers?? When you see your goofy d-man that averages 1 goal in every 7 playoff games. I want you to come play defense for him so he can pinch on the boards and do absolutely nothing. Okay?

Ever year the GM has given the Penguins a solid roster. Getting swept and bounced in the 1st round to less talented teams isn't acceptable.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Islanders couldn't score against the Canes but had no issue averaging 3.5 goals in 4 games against us. Why is that? Because our defense sucks.

Moving the goalposts much? I don't recall denying that our defence sucked in 2019. You were the one claiming Price and Lehner were only good against us, this simply isn't true.

When you see your goofy d-man that averages 1 goal in every 7 playoff games. I want you to come play defense for him so he can pinch on the boards and do absolutely nothing.

Ah, now I see, you just needed an excuse to take a shot at Letang (who, by the way, has been our best defenseman in the current series but who cares). Carry on with your weird little vendetta.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Moving the goalposts much? I don't recall denying that our defence sucked in 2019. You were the one claiming Price and Lehner were only good against us, this simply isn't true.

Ah, now I see, you just needed an excuse to take a shot at Letang (who, by the way, has been our best defenseman in the current series but who cares). Carry on with your weird little vendetta.

Lehner got benched two games for Greiss so yes, he was only good against us.

It's not even about Letang. It's about the stupid system we run. We've got 1 goal from the defense this whole series. We gave up 2 goals last game alone because we had offensive players on defense. Covering for d-men that bring absolutely nothing offensively. It's the stupidest thing ever and everybody in the league knows it especially Trotz.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
We gave up 2 goals last game alone because we had offensive players on defense.

Every team has forwards rotating on defense when the D pinch. It happens dozens and dozens of times in every game. The team with the best defense in the NHL - Vegas - activates its defensemen more often than we do from what I have seen. Of all the things to complain about you picked this? You could have at least complained about Sid and Dumo not helping Jake much rather than the, gasp, fact of a forward playing defense.

Lehner got benched two games for Greiss

One game.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Every team has forwards rotating on defense when the D pinch. It happens dozens and dozens of times in every game. The team with the best defense in the NHL - Vegas - activates its defensemen more often than we do from what I have seen. Of all the things to complain about you picked this? You could have at least complained about Sid and Dumo not helping Jake much rather than the, gasp, fact of a forward playing defense..

Can you show me where the Islanders have been caught with a d-man making a horrible pinch and a offensive player playing defense? No. That's why they're about to beat us in the 1st round again.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't remember us being upbeat the previous two series, nope don't think so.

They say the same damn thing preceding every elimination game...actually, Sully says the same damn thing before and after nearly every game lol...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
we’ve allegedly been upbeat and loose the last two postseasons as well...talk is cheap, very cheap

It's essentially coach-speak. What's the alternative? Sullivan says the players are depressed and look like they don't have any confidence they can win?

Reactions: Andy99

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Apparently shit defensively as a unit is not in your vernacular.

But most of the goals that are going in are goals that most goalies stop. Your goalie is going to face shots, they are going to face some high danger shots too. But 2nd goal against tonight is perfect example. What kind of save/rebound control was that on the first shot? Is it all 100% Jarry, maybe it's only 90%, but make no mistake if we swap sorokin for jarry we already would've won this series.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
The Carter goal today. Checkmate. :)

Yeah, well both teams were playing weird because of the energy. Islanders were trying to score. Pens were hemmed in and actually playing defense.

As we saw it's not winning hockey. Half the goals given up have been because of forwards on defense. So...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad