Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish: Bombulie ‎to restore order @ the Trib(II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Was confused at first what you guys were talking about but finally found the quote attributed to Brandon Saad's father, it was posted by a "George Saad" in the comments section of DK's website.

Not saying the comment wasn't made by the real GS but we should wait to see if DK confirms that it in fact was, if he hasn't yet, before basing arguments on what for now can only be considered an anonymous imposter account.

DK is on the road with the Pirates so might be awhile.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
DK did respond directly to him in the comments thread, so presumably he felt this was the real GS.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Was confused at first what you guys were talking about but finally found the quote attributed to Brandon Saad's father, it was posted by a "George Saad" in the comments section of DK's website.

Not saying the comment wasn't made by the real GS but we should wait to see if DK confirms that it in fact was, if he hasn't yet, before basing arguments on what for now can only be considered an anonymous imposter account.

George is also Brandons older brother.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012

DK is on the road with the Pirates so might be awhile.

I have heard the same from a friend whos friends with the family. that shero told saad he was gonna be picked. but yea. i personally can't vouch for anything

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't really believe Shero gave his word to the Saads that he'd pick Brandon if he fell to us. Seems like something DK would either flat out make up, or use a heavy dose of journalistic liberty to blow way outta proportion for hits.

And if it's true, the Saads are idiots for taking Shero's word without a gigantic grain of salt.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I don't really believe Shero gave his word to the Saads that he'd pick Brandon if he fell to us. Seems like something DK would either flat out make up, or use a heavy dose of journalistic liberty to blow way outta proportion for hits.

And if it's true, the Saads are idiots for taking Shero's word without a gigantic grain of salt.

100% with you on that one!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'm sure Saad and his family are really upset about not being picked by Pittsburgh, especially after he injuries his shoulder raising the Cup so many times.

That too. I'm not sure he or his family even thought about it ever again--if it happened--once he was picked by the Hawks.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Dejan isn't the one who said Ray would draft Saad. George Saad said in the comments that Ray told him he'd draft him.

Dejan's argument was that all of our scouts were clamoring for Saad and Ray ignored them and took a defenseman instead. George Saad piped in that Ray told the family he'd take Brandon if he was available and was surprised when Ray took a dman instead.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Also said RS implied scouts over ruled him which sounds like a BS line from Shero. Especially if the story re the scout swearing up a storm when he heard the Morrow news...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Dejan isn't the one who said Ray would draft Saad. George Saad said in the comments that Ray told him he'd draft him.

Dejan's argument was that all of our scouts were clamoring for Saad and Ray ignored them and took a defenseman instead. George Saad piped in that Ray told the family he'd take Brandon if he was available and was surprised when Ray took a dman instead.

Ah. Is it confirmed it's actually George Saad and not some dumbass looking to stir **** up on the internet?

Either way, seems weird for DK to bring that up now. Why now, several years after it happened?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Seriously, he went from "everything is fine, it was just bad injury luck" to "shero screwed us! We suck because of him!"

I haven't read anything DK's written in a long time, the crap people post here aside, but that fits right in with the shift in thinking among the general fans.

They're starting to wake up to what a lot of us have been saying for half a decade. Now that DK's caught wind of it, he is changing his tune accordingly.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
*the sound of mouse clicks and cash register sounds intensifies*

maxresdefault.jpg

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Ah. Is it confirmed it's actually George Saad and not some dumbass looking to stir **** up on the internet?

Either way, seems weird for DK to bring that up now. Why now, several years after it happened?

Because the current regime is getting a ton of **** from the fans for Despres trade and other stuff.

This is hypothetical of course, but let's say Morehouse sees the general frustration and mistrust from fans and tells DK "you think JR messed up by trading Despres, look what that idiot Shero did". The timing is too strange for there not to be some purpose to the article from the organization.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah. I don't buy into the Mastermind Morehouse thing, but it's pretty apparent that DK's all but an employee of the Penguins. He's gonna toe the line carefully between appealing to the idiotic masses and appeasing the hand that feeds him, being the organization. All the while, writing articles with no substance whatsoever.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
So... why would a GM talk to the family of a player and make that kind of assurance before the draft? What if a team took Saad before we had a chance? Do these things actually happen? Seems kinda strange to me.

Edit: So I went to DK's site and tried to submit a comment as George Saad. Apparently DK approves his comments, however, you don't need an account to post, so you can make your name anything you like.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I long for the days where we spent our time talking about hockey, not this **** show management team / organization

But alas, #PenguinsFanProblems

I now know how Leafs fan feel

I long for the days we talked about hockey as well as inside Pens jokes and not "We should have picked this or that guy because he totally would have developed the same here, our GM is a tool but the bigger tools are the CEO/Pres and the ASGM Billy G...etc..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad