Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - March 14

Three stars vs. Pittsburgh

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
She's made some pretty decent movies. I guess that makes her a somewhat high profile celebrity. My impression is that she is at a lot of Rangers games and has known more than a few of the players personally.

Look, folks NBC is an entertainment company. She's a pretty famous actress. It was cheesy....but some folks would think it's cute, funny, entertaining.... Whatever. It's certainly not something to be offended or irritated about, IMO.

Reactions: belford222

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
look at all you simpletons rooting for your team to win. you should all wise up and get with the tanking program. Losing makes everything better ya hear?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
She's made some pretty decent movies. I guess that makes her a somewhat high profile celebrity. My impression is that she is at a lot of Rangers games and has known more than a few of the players personally.

Look, folks NBC is an entertainment company. She's a pretty famous actress. It was cheesy....but some folks would think it's cute, funny, entertaining.... Whatever. It's certainly not something to be offended or irritated about, IMO.
I do think she was awful. If she told stories about her friends dating players or had any insight to the game it would’ve been fine. But her ooohh-ing and aaahhh-ing every two minutes was not good and took away from the broadcast

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
How would picking 8th be the Rangers way? That'd be the highest pick we've had since we took Montoya at sixth overall in 2004. Even 12th would be the highest pick (of our own) that we've had since McIlrath at tenth in 2010.

The "Rangers way" for the last decade has been to be one of the only teams in the league with perennial playoff success over that span.

Aside from last year, right?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I do think she was awful. If she told stories about her friends dating players or had any insight to the game it would’ve been fine. But her ooohh-ing and aaahhh-ing every two minutes was not good and took away from the broadcast

Ok. I can't say I disagree. Don't think she's getting an ESPY anytime soon. That said having to endure her "analysis" on a regular basis might be awful. As a one off it's a novelty. Totally harmless imo.

Reactions: Siddi

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Another take away from last nights game for me was NBC's consensus on Chris Kreider. The guy needs to be the player he was last night a whole hellava lot more than he's been since he came up. He really needs to put together more games like last night because he has all the tools to do so. On the whole, he verges on being an underperformer. There are just too many nights where you wonder if he was in the lineup or not.

I completely agree.

And I don't make it a habit to agree with Mike Milbury very often.

The guys we saw last night was elite in terms of his impact on the game. The way he performs on other nights has me thinking we could package him in a deal to move up into the top 5 for this year's draft.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: NCRanger

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Another take away from last nights game for me was NBC's consensus on Chris Kreider. The guy needs to be the player he was last night a whole hellava lot more than he's been since he came up. He really needs to put together more games like last night because he has all the tools to do so. On the whole, he verges on being an underperformer. There are just too many nights where you wonder if he was in the lineup or not.

I completely agree.

The guys we saw last night was elite in terms of his impact on the game. The way he performs on other nights has me thinking we could package him in a deal to move up into the top 5 for this year's draft.

What do you guys think?

I feel like if he were a worse player and played like he usually does all the time and never played like he did last night you and others would be a lot more satisfied with him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I completely agree.

What do you guys think?

I agree.

Needs to put up 4 points more often and go for Gretzky's records.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
LOl. You guys are pulling my leg a bit I think. You're totally cool with him. That's OK. I'd like to see more from a guy that has more to give. That's all.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Same old, same old...Kreider on nightly basis is a positive possession player and makes his centers better. But, we knew that already.

I have not been around these discussions for a few years so I'm just wondering: in the main would you say you are happy with Kreider's performance thus far?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Not this crap again.

He visibly shrugged the net off. He didn't crash into it and knock it off. he crashed into it THEN purposely shrugged it. You played G. Great. You also have a MASSIVE bias as a result and frequently cannot analyze what is happening on the ice as a result. That is happening here.

No way, that net was not pushed off.... anyone that thinks that is just rooting too hard for the tank

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

26gkfn.gif

26gkgh.gif

Ultimately what it's all about. What a beautiful moment.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I have not been around these discussions for a few years so I'm just wondering: in the main would you say you are happy with Kreider's performance thus far?

Actually, yes. On a nightly basis, he’s our best forward in terms of driving possession. Every center he plays with is better with him than away from him. He’s one of the best forwards in the league around the net. He scored 28 goals last year, which prorated would have been 30 over a full season. He’s progressed every year he’s been here, until this year, in which we found out he had a blood clot in his neck that could have ended his career. The limitations of his production are frankly on the centers he’s played next to, meaning he hasn’t been carried by his centers. Patric Hornqvist suddenly became an elite player when he got to play with the two best centers of his generation. I have no doubt if he played next to one of those two players, he’d more than equal Hornqvist’s production. Do I think there’s more there? Yes, but that hardly means I have any disappointment with him.

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
Honestly? Just enough to not embarass Dorion and Ottawa.

Nobody is going to give Ott a haul for EK. That ship sailed with the closing of the trade deadline. And not a single GM is going to give up anything substantial unless EK commits to re-sign. Add to that the fact that maybe, just maybe EK already decided where he wants to spend the rest of his career and you have a situation where Dorion only has one choice. Take the scraps from that one team EK will re-sign with or let him go for nothing a year later.

Do you have some inside info that Karlsson wants to sign with Rangers?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I have been advocating for Fast to get more ice time. He's always been an efficient scorer.

He averages 13:50 a game as a Ranger and exactly zero of that is PP, and yet you're making it out as if he's been handed opportunities before.

He puts up 30 points a year playing 14 mins a game. He does do the little things well, but he's a limited player in terms of skillset, so I am not sure why everyone is jumping on this "Fast is so great he isn't getting used enough"

Jesper Fast Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Last year he played the majority of games in the middle 6, often with good linemates. Not sure where to get the charts for these, perhaps SF has them

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Imo Kreider is probably our best forward but it is true that he can be more consistent.

For all we know, this could have been the year that happened - if you recall, he said he was feeling effects of his blood clot since the fall in terms of getting winded quickly, etc.

Next year will be the best chance he'll likely ever have to step up, lead this team and show that he can perform near his peak often. Nobody is on every night, but he can and should be, and Imo likely will be on more than he has been.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
What in the f*** was Skjei doing on the Rust goal by the way? He's literally on top of Georgiev....

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Actually, yes. On a nightly basis, he’s our best forward in terms of driving possession. Every center he plays with is better with him than away from him. He’s one of the best forwards in the league around the net. He scored 28 goals last year, which prorated would have been 30 over a full season. He’s progressed every year he’s been here, until this year, in which we found out he had a blood clot in his neck that could have ended his career. The limitations of his production are frankly on the centers he’s played next to, meaning he hasn’t been carried by his centers. Patric Hornqvist suddenly became an elite player when he got to play with the two best centers of his generation. I have no doubt if he played next to one of those two players, he’d more than equal Hornqvist’s production. Do I think there’s more there? Yes, but that hardly means I have any disappointment with him.

Thanks very much Jas. A very reasonable and thoughtful response. Would you consider Kreider as a piece to move up in this year's draft? Or should he be a player that we build a future team around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad