Confirmed Trade: [PIT/SJS/MTL] Nick Bonino (50%) to PIT; Arvid Henrikson, 2024 5th, 2023 7th to SJS; Tony Sund, 2024 5th to MTL

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Who the hell is Tony Sund?

He's a defenseman we signed to a one-year deal back in 2019, attended preseason and then just went back to Finland. We just held onto his rights ever since then. Why he's being included in a trade, I have no idea.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He's a defenseman we signed to a one-year deal back in 2019, attended preseason and then just went back to Finland. We just held onto his rights ever since then. Why he's being included in a trade, I have no idea.

Adam Engstrom D partner.

I don't understand why SJ would want Henrikson though.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
OK another pick I guess and a dman than has never played in North America at 27 while giving up a younger guy completing university and maybe would not sign in Montreal? Whatever.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
OK another pick I guess and a dman than has never played in North America at 27 while giving up a younger guy completing university and maybe would not sign in Montreal? Whatever.

More like Montreal wouldn't sign him. Michael Cichy was a developpement success compared to Henriksson, and that's saying something.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Let's go conditional 4th rounder! :D

I can just imagine that conversation...lol.

Verbeek: So what about the playoffs?
Hextall: What about it?
Verbeek: If Bonino helps you out....
Hextall: Say no more...we expect to win the cup (knocks on Bettman bobble head doll), so 5th turns into a 4th.
Verbeek: Nah...ECF is more likely.
Hextall: ECF 4th it is! Done!

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He's a Senior with 1G 8A in the NCAA.
Those are NCAA career totals.
I'm guessing the Habs wanted Sund since he's our prospect's buddy, and due to reserve lists not being infinite, flipped someone else's signing rights to even out numbers.
I wonder why bother, though.

Adam Engstrom D partner.

I don't understand why SJ would want Henrikson though.
To even out reserve lists, I guess.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Well, I was wrong that it was a team barely covered that was involved, haha.

So basically San Jose traded Bonino for a 7th and downgraded several spots in round 5 next year. Sund and Henrikson are not assets.

Edit: 5th becomes a 4th for SJ if Pens make the ECF.

Thats kinda bad, why did we take that fifth when its like a 1% chance of being a fourth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad