Confirmed Trade: [PIT/NSH] Mikael Granlund for 2023 2nd round pick

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Granlund having a rough season offensively and defensively but still leads Nashville in average time on ice among the forwards.

The Preds have been playing Granlund above his means on the top line for which he is no longer suited for.
The problem is we aren’t quite sure what line he’s suited for now and he’s making $5 million thru his age 34 season and the Prns didn’t even get retention.

Quite a gamble by Hextall.

At best they replaced the Zucker contract with Granlund’s for three seasons…and Zucker has actually been decent this season.

This is the act of a GM who time has clearly passed by. All that salary maneuvering for this.

Reactions: pennsfan68

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Granlund having a rough season offensively and defensively but still leads Nashville in average time on ice among the forwards.

The Preds have been playing Granlund above his means on the top line for which he is no longer suited for.
I imagine he's going to play on the third line in Pittsburgh so I'm cautiously optimistic. But it's a gamble for sure.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Not giving much up. Salary his somewhat shitty to take on. I have faith he has a rebirth here.

Let’s go.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I'm not claiming to be even close to an authority on the Penguins or anything, but I feel like this is the most confused confused I've been about player evaluations ever? Like Kapanen is waiver wire, get him outta here value, Blueger is a 3rd and McGinn is not even worth claiming, and yet still would you rather not just keep basically any one of them over paying a 2nd for Granlund?

I think sometimes I want to believe GM's are playing 4d chess when really they're playing pong but afk

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Grandlund is 31? I feel like he was still a hot prospect just a few years ago. Show's what I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad