Post-Game Talk: Pingu

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's hard to think of a Ranger in recent memory more nondescript than Pitlick. Its unclear to me what, if anything, he does well.

At least with McKegg you knew speed was his strength, Rooney had grit and killed penalties, Lemieux was an agitator. What exactly does he bring to this roster?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It's hard to think of a Ranger in recent memory more nondescript than Pitlick. Its unclear to me what, if anything, he does well.

At least with McKegg you knew speed was his strength, Rooney had grit and killed penalties, Lemieux was an agitator. What exactly does he bring to this roster?

You, good sir, are forgetting about Darroll Powe.

34 games, zero points a few years back. Wasn’t physical, no scoring touch, mediocre penalty killer.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Seriously? Pitlick has more speed than the Kegg, more skills, grit and discipline (!!!) than Rooney. Have absolutely no issues with any of the three on that line, and specifically with Pitlick who’s 13th forward on the depth chart.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Fox is more valuable. Any other answer is just wrong.
I love Lindgren and I think he should be a Ranger for life, but he isn't in the same stratosphere as Fox as a player.
I’ve never understood the “NYR can’t win without Lindgren” thing. The replacements for Lindgren every year have been Hajek/Harpur and other various AHL caliber shitbags. Lindgren is a good player but the reason they can’t win every time he goes down is because there’s never been any depth whatsoever.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
0XwHkt.gif

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I’ve never understood the “NYR can’t win without Lindgren” thing. The replacements for Lindgren every year have been Hajek/Harpur and other various AHL caliber shitbags. Lindgren is a good player but the reason they can’t win every time he goes down is because there’s never been any depth whatsoever.
Yep, and we still don't have a replacement for him. None of our other LD are great defenders. When you think about it, we can cover for Fox's missing offense. What we can't cover for is Fox's missing defensive skills. He actually is our 3rd best defensive defensemen. Exhibit A is what happened with 2 minutes to go last night. Trouba and Lindgren play the last minute of our PP and another 30 seconds. Puck goes behind the Pen net. Great job by Bonino and Goodrow killing time down to 30 seconds left. Rangers decide to give 55/8 a quick breather. 10 seconds later, Crosby is standing in front of our net ready to score the tying goal. Where was our RD Schneider? If Fox wasn't hurt, that's his shift and no way does he leave Crosby wide open like that.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Watching the replay...

Da fuq is that ref pointing to good goal completely ignoring the bare handed hello wave from Quick
The sick thing is that quick reflexively waves at the puck whizzing by. He was one inch and one tenth of a second from his career being over with. And even if there’s no provision for it in the rule book, it’s absolutely insane for the officials to leave him hanging like that.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
None of our other LD are great defenders.
That’s just not true. Miller is an excellent defensive player and an elite rush defender. Gustafsson is very good as well, Schneider-Gus is 2nd among all defense pairs with 100 minutes in xGA/60. Both of them are better players than Lindgren, they can easily replace him. They can’t replace Fox’s anything. He’s their best defensive/offensive player on the back end period.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
That’s just not true. Miller is an excellent defensive player and an elite rush defender. Gustafsson is very good as well, Schneider-Gus is 2nd among all defense pairs with 100 minutes in xGA/60. Both of them are better players than Lindgren, they can easily replace him. They can’t replace Fox’s anything. He’s their best defensive/offensive player on the back end period.
Miller and Gus aren't good defenders. Miller has great skills, speed, reach but fundamentally isn't a good defender. Gus is a good offensive defensemen. Lindgren has very little offensive abilities, yet he's the most trusted penalty killer. I wonder why

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Miller and Gus aren't good defenders. Miller has great skills, speed, reach but fundamentally isn't a good defender. Gus is a good offensive defensemen. Lindgren has very little offensive abilities, yet he's the most trusted penalty killer. I wonder why
I mean doesn’t it make sense to use your one dimensional defense-only player the most on the PK? There’s no reason to not use Lindgren the most in the situation where you know you aren’t going to be playing offense and don’t need any transition game.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I mean doesn’t it make sense to use your one dimensional defense-only player the most on the PK? There’s no reason to not use Lindgren the most in the situation where you know you aren’t going to be playing offense and don’t need any transition game.
So we agree. Lindgren is a defense only guy and quite good at it. He provides something that nobody else on the team can provide except Trouba on his best day.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I hated on quick so hard all preseason. I returned my jersey and everything.

All hail the great two time Stanley cup champion Jonathan 'lights the f*ck out' Quick.

Putting up an epic backup season here.
If it’s not to late could you pleases return your Zibanejad, Kakko, Schneider and Jones jersey’s as well?
Thanking you in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania and tlk

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Zib saved a goal and got an assist. As far as I’m concerned, that’s just as good as a 2 point night. To me, he deserves a star.

Laf
Quick
Zib
Zibanejad had a strong game overall I thought. He was engaged and he was pretty solid in all 3 zones. That game was a step in the right direction for him, hopefully he can get a "vintage Mika" type goal soon and that will knock him back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad