Speculation: Pietrangelo Discussion: Should we move on if he refuses an offer in the range of 8x$8.25m?

Should Pietrangelo be let go if he refuses an offer in the 8.25X8 range?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
It’s a great question. We know small overages get carried over to the next season, unless that was changed in the last CBA. Although, those overages where usually or maybe always performance bonuses. But big overages? Have we seen it?

Right....like, at some point, we all have to understand that there's a gentleman's agreement in place to not go so overboard you can't unwind it, or at least keep the ramifications small (Under 1M)....but have we ever seen a team just say eff it and full-steam-ahead with a huge cap overage? Does the CBA account for what happens if someone isn't or does it just say some legalese crap like, "All teams must be cap compliant by xxx date," with no repercussions laid out if you're not?

Reactions: Celtic Note

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I don't think there's any way we end up over cap. Either Petro signs a lucrative, but sensible post covid contract or he goes elsewhere. Although it seems like free agency is playing out like the GM's from every team know more than the experts out there in the media. Perhaps that's why Petro was urged to free agency. It may have cost him an extra year on his contract, but I feel a lot better about 7 years than 8.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It probably means Petro is getting more than STL would go. He’s probably getting 9+ from either Columbus or LV.

Reactions: Xanadude

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Okay...

So Armstrong confirmed that our offer was eight years at $8m and we offered a NMC with a modified NTC and some signing bonuses at the back end of the deal.

I'm annoyed we didn't at least go to $8.25m, or even $8.5m. The rest is absolutely fine.

While Armstrong wasn't closing the door on Pietrangelo, I think what he said suggests that we don't have an offer on the table and he didn't expect him to back.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Yeah, and no one else has signed him yet. I have no doubt he'll get paid, but what a blow to the sack if he ends up going to a team on a 6 year term or something close to what the blues offered. Sounds to me like he knew all along he was testing the market for top dollar and didn't bargain in good faith. Now he's at the mercy of the few teams with the cap to actually sign him, and each of them knowing he's a little more desperate than he was a few hours ago.

Reactions: mike1320

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I have a creeping feeling he'll be resigning with the Blues by noon tomorrow for our last offer or maybe less if he is desperate.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Sounds like Petro or his agent overestimated his worth post covid. This is not business as usual. Cap aside, no one knows how attendance, merchandise sales, vendor sales, etc. Will look going forward. It's a bad time to balk on an offer like what he was reportedly offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad