Pierre Gervais has a 2nd book coming in November with Mathias Brunet (French and English editions, same as first book)

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
His first book WAS published in english. Available through Chapters. I own it and have read it.

This second book is also being published in english as well and available through Chapters.
I have it too. Haven't read it yet. I believe the English version came out awhile after the French version. There are still plenty of copies in Chapters/Indigo in the GTA.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I have it too. Haven't read it yet. I believe the English version came out awhile after the French version. There are still plenty of copies in Chapters/Indigo in the GTA.

Yes, the french version came out in November of last year and the english translation was published a few weeks later at some point in December. That’ll be the same case with this second book.

Jul 6, 2016
In the excerpts published in La Presse yesterday, there was two funny facts. One about Caufield who is wearing size 5 and a half for skates. The other about an unnamed head coach who was throwing his stainless spoons - paid by the club - with his morning yogurt in his office garbage can.

• Wow
Reactions: DailyKaizen

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yes, the french version came out in November of last year and the english translation was published a few weeks later at some point in December. That’ll be the same case with this second book.
Must have come out after Dec 20 in Ontario. I was in an Indigo then and there were none. Bought in early January.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Must have come out after Dec 20 in Ontario. I was in an Indigo then and there were none. Bought in early January.

The official publication date for the english edition was at some point in mid to late December, but it’s entirely possible that stores didn’t receive their copies to stock until some point in January. If I remember correctly I didn’t get mine until some point in January as well.

I expect the same for the english edition of this second book.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
In the excerpts published in La Presse yesterday, there was two funny facts. One about Caufield who is wearing size 5 and a half for skates. The other about an unnamed head coach who was throwing his stainless spoons - paid by the club - with his morning yogurt in his office garbage can.
I read the history about the spoon. You could be sure that instead of retrieve the spoon into the garbage, I would have send a message to the coach. Throwing every steel spoon in the garbage. Not very intelligent

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
I would think the English version would sell pretty decent. Montreal has a large fan base outside of Quebec that is under served in my opinion. I've been to Habs games in Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, Florida and a few out west. Usually close to 50/50 split in those arenas. Wonder if they have any data on fans outside of Quebec?

Reactions: BLONG7

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Can’t believe Michel Therrien would ever eat yogurt!

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
The first book had plenty of crunchy stuff, wonder what he left out of the first book…
It did?

I read the first book, and honestly, it was mostly known facts/rumors that had been talked about on many different insider websites, and the rest were really insignificant anecdotes.

If anything, I find it really hard to believe he doesn't have anything more crunchy, or he just doesn't want or can't say it.

I was really disappointed and will not get the 2nd book.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
The official publication date for the english edition was at some point in mid to late December, but it’s entirely possible that stores didn’t receive their copies to stock until some point in January. If I remember correctly I didn’t get mine until some point in January as well.

I expect the same for the english edition of this second book.

Brunet said the English version would come out sooner this time, they were caught off-guard by the demand the first time.

Reactions: Habsfan18

albinaguerette

Jun 21, 2023
I would think the English version would sell pretty decent. Montreal has a large fan base outside of Quebec that is under served in my opinion. I've been to Habs games in Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, Florida and a few out west. Usually close to 50/50 split in those arenas. Pierre Gervais's book with Mathias Brunet seems to have an excellent chance of success in the English-speaking world, especially given the popularity of "Montreal" outside of Quebec. The English version is likely to attract a wider audience thanks to the team's loyal fanbase. Regarding data on Montreal fans outside of Quebec, it may be worth contacting the club directly or research agencies that monitor the popularity of sports teams. The book will really be very cool. When I decided to read the first book, I asked for help in writing a critical analysis essay and found critical analyze here. So I'll be looking forward to the second part. The main thing is not to miss its publication. I can just forget and remember in a year. Wonder if they have any data on fans outside of Quebec?
Your experience at Habs games in various cities where the fan split is roughly 50/50 is indicative of the scale of the team's popularity. This also highlights the potential market for the book's sales in these regions.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Your experience at Habs games in various cities where the fan split is roughly 50/50 is indicative of the scale of the team's popularity. This also highlights the potential market for the book's sales in these regions.

Even though I live dead center of Laffs Nation, there is a shit ton of Habs fans here. My dad lives in Vancouver and while there aren’t as many (eyeballing it) there, there’s a lot of red in the stands on game day.

Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Even though I live dead center of Laffs Nation, there is a shit ton of Habs fans here. My dad lives in Vancouver and while there aren’t as many (eyeballing it) there, there’s a lot of red in the stands on game day.
There would be way more habs fans, than many peoole realize eh..............way more.
The depth of the south, shows habs fans in Dallas Texas!! We are everywhere....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad