Value of: Picks/prospects for Beauvillier

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Hey Isles fans, is it not fair to say you have great LW depth? That maybe 3.9 isn't enough by itself to get Barzal signed? That, under a flat cap, Pelech's raise next year & keeping Cizikas short term is more important to Lou than negotiating a raise with Anna's boyfriend? (?)

My team would take care of a separate minor deal to fit him under the cap and make sure to let Tatar walk at the end of the season. Also have lots of picks next year, and some interesting prospects to offer.

What's your price for him to come home and rock the Bell when they reopen?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
No the isles do not want picks and prospects for a 23 year old top six winger that is only improving. The isles are in win now mode and Beauvillier goes nowhere.

It’s rather unfair that you don’t want the team with a large French following to get one of the good French players in the league. Think of the Québécois before posting offensive things like this! :sarcasm:

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Hey Isles fans, is it not fair to say you have great LW depth? That maybe 3.9 isn't enough by itself to get Barzal signed? That, under a flat cap, Pelech's raise next year & keeping Cizikas short term is more important to Lou than negotiating a raise with Anna's boyfriend? (?)

My team would take care of a separate minor deal to fit him under the cap and make sure to let Tatar walk at the end of the season. Also have lots of picks next year, and some interesting prospects to offer.

What's your price for him to come home and rock the Bell when they reopen?
A helluva lot more than you’d be willing to offer

honestly, trading Beau for picks and prospects is the last thing the Islanders should be looking to do. They want to compete in the immediate/near term

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
No the isles do not want picks and prospects for a 23 year old top six winger that is only improving. The isles are in win now mode and Beauvillier goes nowhere.
While he can still be improving, I doubt very much Beauvilier becomes a first line player

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Excellent second line player. Don't see that as far-fetched as he's very good right now.

He should wind up being a 25-25 player for 5 a season. Isles will find cap room at some point.
Hes the Islanders Jesper Bratt, almost identical players and paths (though Jesper gets the badge for being a 6th rounder)

LafKak

Nov 14, 2020
They'll find cap space elsewhere.

Beauvillier isn't available.
So Barzal is sitting out the season? If I were teams I wouldn’t do favors for Isles,Tampa etc unless you get a real good asset on the cheap. It makes more sense for Barzal,AC,Serg to sit out the year weakening Tampa Bay and Isles. The cap squeezes talent out and that’s the price for overpaying guys in FA. Is Boychuk going to LTIR because that seems like your out for this season’s situation?

Reactions: Roadhouse

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
So Barzal is sitting out the season? If I were teams I wouldn’t do favors for Isles,Tampa etc unless you get a real good asset on the cheap. It makes more sense for Barzal,AC,Serg to sit out the year weakening Tampa Bay and Isles. The cap squeezes talent out and that’s the price for overpaying guys in FA. Is Boychuk going to LTIR because that seems like your out for this season’s situation?

Totally makes sense for Barzal, Cirelli and Sergechev to sit out the season! That's a win for each of them.

Except they don't play...and collect no money...and still have the same years remaining till they're unrestricted.

Yep, it'd be very smart of them to sit out a season. Einstein-like smart.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Lmao, why would they trade him for picks and/or prospects? Other than just because you want them to.

LW depth and a few important raises due next year after Barzal's contract is dealt with. It's in the OP.

Are there easy long term cap clearing options Lou is contemplating that I'm clearly not aware of?

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Nope, he's not sitting out. But other assets will be used to create an additional few million in the absolute worst scenario.

At the absolute, absolute worst, we'll just re-sign Barzal (we can go over the cap by 10%) and will take whatever penalties the league deals to us for being over the cap. It will most likely be a loss of a draft pick and a fine. At some point, whatever the league can throw at us for being over cannot be worse than these HFB GMs trying to overleverage themselves.

The idea of trading Beauvillier because of the cap situation is preposterous.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
LW depth and a few important raises due next year after Barzal's contract is dealt with. It's in the OP.

Are there easy long term cap clearing options Lou is contemplating that I'm clearly not aware of?

I get that, but they are a win now team. Giving up their second best young forward doesn’t make much sense for them at the moment. They do some cap coming off the books next year. Plus the expansion draft,
The buyout option and just paying someone to take the last year of some of their deals.

Reactions: CREW99AW

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Totally makes sense for Barzal, Cirelli and Sergechev

From the nobody cares file.
When the isles traded up with Tampa and selected Beau the 3rd round pick that was part of the deal was used to select Cirelli. Of course the larger story started with the name Griffin Reinhart..

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Suzuki+Romanov would be a start....

Of the welcoming committee in Montreal? There's no need to throw out an obvious troll offer just because you don't think a player will be moved.

If a team had space to add Beauvillier without moving salary back they might as well just sign Hoffman and keep their picks.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
??? Beauvillier is not French he is from Canada.
upload_2020-11-14_20-46-31.gif

Sorry if I missed the sarcasm here.

LafKak

Nov 14, 2020
Totally makes sense for Barzal, Cirelli and Sergechev to sit out the season! That's a win for each of them.

Except they don't play...and collect no money...and still have the same years remaining till they're unrestricted.

Yep, it'd be very smart of them to sit out a season. Einstein-like smart.
No they just play on minimum salary deals if they want to play. Yeah it’s very smart for 29 teams hoping Tampa signs their two golden boys cheap long term and Isles lock up Barzal without Tampa or Isles get weaker. Yep real smart for a team to take on Killorn,Ladd,Boychuk,Palat contracts when it doesn’t put a team over the top or make them better in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad