Pick An NHL Ready Prospect For Ladd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The cap midpoint is set by actual revenue. What the PA has an option on is the 5% escalator. This allows the midpoint to be set higher than it otherwise would be. The cap would be $3ish Million lower without it. When revenue was growing it was a no brainer decision. But players are currently losing 18% of their salary to escrow. There are many players unhappy about that.

Regardless of the players 5% escalator when the dust settles it is adjusted to = 50% of HRR. That is the important point. It is the actual HRR that sets the number. No escalator, no escrow.

Gotmilt*

Jun 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I believe he takes a home town discount to stay in Winnipeg or he goes to Chicago for a first + but that's just me

White Out 403*

Wow. 6 years for Ladd
That's incredible if true. I would only take Ladd for 6 years if the number was somewhere in the 4 range for cap hit. Andrew Ladd at 34 with 2 years to go on a cap hit of anywhere close to 6 is just... Ugh

Vomit inducing

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Regardless of the players 5% escalator when the dust settles it is adjusted to = 50% of HRR. That is the important point. It is the actual HRR that sets the number. No escalator, no escrow.

Yes that is the purpose of escrow. If there wasn't escrow then every player would have to write a cheque at the end if the season. But the escaltor does affect the cap number and contributes to higher escrow rates if revenue doesn't rise appropriately.

Derfel*

Wow. 6 years for Ladd
That's incredible if true. I would only take Ladd for 6 years if the number was somewhere in the 4 range for cap hit. Andrew Ladd at 34 with 2 years to go on a cap hit of anywhere close to 6 is just... Ugh

Vomit inducing

I'd take him for 6 if the last two years were at $3m each. Something like $6.5/6/5.5/4.5/3/3.

He is in our top 5 for point production, and was our top producer last season. I think those numbers are worth it.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Injury

I'd take him for 6 if the last two years were at $3m each. Something like $6.5/6/5.5/4.5/3/3.

He is in our top 5 for point production, and was our top producer last season. I think those numbers are worth it.

The team would know the extent of his recovery from the off season surgery and the likelihood of ever fully getting back to his former self. I think that will be a major factor on wether he gets signed here.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk

The way I understand it, the escalator does not affect take home pay but it absolutely affects the cap. Keeping the cap up is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad