Pick An NHL Ready Prospect For Ladd

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Which NHL ready prospect would you want? They can be first year NHLers as well. Which one do you think we will end up with if we get a player in return for Ladd and not a pick? Im not sure if mods can create a poll eventually but a few names that I would like to come back our way are:
Burakowsky, Mantha, Athanasiou, Ouellet, JT Miller, McCarron, Theodore, Kempe

I think a few teams that want to win now will give us a better return.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Alex Killorn

Alex Killorn is 26.

I like Burakowsky and Kempe and both are realistic targets IMO. I liked Athanasiou A LOT in juniors but I have no idea about his progression since leaving the O. Mantha is unrealistic. So is Theodore IMO. Not because Ducks wouldn't trade him (they have enough young d-men) but I doubt the Jets are looking for a F for D trade.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I know he said prospects but I'm including other players as well seeing as the Jets might opt for someone who can help sooner rather than another prospect. That's what I would do assuming the competitive window is a couple years.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I don't think the Jets would mind a good LHD coming back in the deal for Ladd.
I'd like to see Drouin coming back.

Derfel*

So far I'd pick Ladd over any of the names mentioned, including Drouin.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow. ok then

Personally, I`d prefer a LHD prospect thats overready or very highly rated.

Yup, add something to get Theodore if you have to is what Im thinking. Connor will soon enough replace Ladd in the lineup. If ANA is all in this year what else would they want to add for their cup run? Would they want anyone else from our roster?
Ladd and Lowry
for
Theodore and and 1st and a 2nd (conditional 1st if they go to Cup finals)

That seems like too much but I really like Theo. What do we need to do to get him?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Some of the prospects wished for here will require something to add with Ladd to get them if we want a top 2 round draft pick.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Alexander Khokhlachev
Ville Pokka
Nikolay Goldobin

I like Khok but not sure BOS is in a win now mode, Goldobin would be good. SJ may seem to think this is their last kick at the can.
edit: STL would be good fit, what about Barbashev?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I like Khok but not sure BOS is in a win now mode, Goldobin would be good. SJ may seem to think this is their last kick at the can.
Boston is in the mix, but they will loose Chara soon and their top two centres are aging. They also stacked 1st round picks last year.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

They can kick all they want they aren't getting anywhere. In which case I'd take Vlasic. He won't be wanted in the rebuild.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I was thinking Ladd, Trouba and THor for Stamkos and their 1st.

I kid I kid.

most of those on the list will be tough to get in return for Ladd an UFA, we would probably have to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad