Post-Game Talk: PHX er... ARZ vs. NSH 7PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There is no reasonable circumstance where we should be conceding 7 goals to the Arizona Coyotes. Even playing the full game empty net style it shouldn't be happening.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Saros with a rare stinker
I mean did he really have a stinker? I mean he had 1 I would say he should have had but feels like most of the rest were either from the dots in or heavily screened. I mean if he had a truly off night I feel like Arizona could have easily had 10 with the level of chances they had.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Still, .730 Sv%
And? You keep throwing stats out like they actual tell you something other than the teams as a whole was not good defensively. And technically it was .750 and only 24 shots.

1. Screened by Josi
2. No replay on the 2nd and can't remember
3. Dot to Dot on the PP, no chance
4. Backhander off the pads, 2 coyotes in his face poking at the puck
5. Should have had
6. Screen by Carrier
7. Empty Netter

Last edited:
Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Inconsistency from everyone not named O’Reilly. Josi needs to be taken off the pp and let Barrie run the first unit. The second unit was a line blender and could not get anything going. The pk has been atrocious and needs to get better quickly. It was a tough loss but the younger guys are getting experience and it wasn’t a completely miserable experience to watch.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Inconsistency from everyone not named O’Reilly. Josi needs to be taken off the pp and let Barrie run the first unit. The second unit was a line blender and could not get anything going. The pk has been atrocious and needs to get better quickly. It was a tough loss but the younger guys are getting experience and it wasn’t a completely miserable experience to watch.
At least they scored, which makes it tolerable. The defense as a whole is just bad, and the defensemen are doing some seriously stupid things, like Lauzon being behind the net in the offensive zone battling for the puck and Carrier on the complete opposite side he started on the half wall digging for a puck while Forsberg is sitting out high in his position. Those two trading places with a forward isn't a good call any way you want to look at it.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
At least they scored, which makes it tolerable. The defense as a whole is just bad, and the defensemen are doing some seriously stupid things, like Lauzon being behind the net in the offensive zone battling for the puck and Carrier on the complete opposite side he started on the half wall digging for a puck while Forsberg is sitting out high in his position. Those two trading places with a forward isn't a good call any way you want to look at it.
I agree. The defense was awful.

And I take some consolation in the Avs getting blown out 8-2 in their barn by the blosers. :D

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm telling ya, it may be very simple-minded, but I can't help but feel when you watch your captain out there playing wherever he wants to in the offensive zone game in and game out, it sets a tone for everyone else, whether they have the same skill level or not. And frankly, Josi needs to just work on being a regular offensive defenseman for a game or 10 rather than trying to force it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm telling ya, it may be very simple-minded, but I can't help but feel when you watch your captain out there playing wherever he wants to in the offensive zone game in and game out, it sets a tone for everyone else, whether they have the same skill level or not. And frankly, Josi needs to just work on being a regular offensive defenseman for a game or 10 rather than trying to force it.
I agree. Oddly enough his best season it all started with him being just that. I've always thought one of his biggest flaws ( outside of the PP ) is he tries to do too much sometimes.

I know Trotz said he is going to try his best to let the coaches do the coaching and him stick to GM, but I think this is one where he needs to toss both hats on at the same time. Help fix that PK and tell Josi to slow his roll.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It also REALLY f***s with our forwards and how they play the offensive zone.
Now keep in mind I am not going to claim to be a great hockey system guy, but Brunette's system seems to be one where you need players to be where they are supposed to be so that you can move the puck quickly out of the defensive zone and then on the offensive side the forwards need to be the ones creating while the Dmen are the outlets and keeping things kind of held in.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Most shots in the nhl are through screens the when top goalies are on their game they track the shots through screens. Saros wasn’t tracking shit tonight. He was off balance all night.

Fortunately those don’t happen a lot with him
Yeah, there's no way Saros is happy with that performance.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
After a great night's sleep, I made what I call a 'Redneck full English'; 3 eggs, 5 sausage links, steak fries which I defrosted, then fried up in a pan with pats of real butter. The breakfast is wonderfully cooked, eggs perfectly scrambled, sausages lighted crisped, the steak fries golden brown with a dash of old bay. I look at this bounty, with rested eyes, sipping a soda pairing of starry and think....

This f***ing team sucks and needs a blow up.

Every intrusive thought is right and the season needs to die in a fire in hopes of purifying the gene pool. Trotz needs to wakeup and choose violence. Last night in my rage I made a list of UFAs.

1699800458717.png

Carrier I would sign back, Novak is 50/50. The rest can either help Milwaukee or add to the prospects/draft coffers. I want the scraps of this team to go elsewhere and die in a fire. This emotion must come with patience, set a price and wait till deadline to get that price. BUT! these are the 1 yrs, they traditionally wait till TDL. The 2 yr contracts you need to look at offers now;

1699800906362.png

That's it. That is all. If Saros can't get a Jeannot deal then Trotz needs to either find a new title, go back to coaching, or look at a new retirement home. I am a Trotz fanboy. Barry Trotz the head coach was awesome. I would venture he was the best coach of our generation. Barry Trotz the GM has no friends. If he wants a friend, he can get a dog. Barry needs to get in touch with his inner sociopath and throw a grenade into the locker room.

My breakfast done, wonderful, sun is rising along with temps here, I ask myself what do I want? After my buffet of medications is in me, I think to myself what does this team need? Stars. A hockey roster is a creme brulee; a thick cream made of depth with an upper crust. This team needs a thicker upper crust. I want after the night of long knives passes a stud RHD, after that, talent EVERYWHERE.

What would I do? Set a price for Saros, sign Carrier, look at what offers are up for Novak before seeing what he wants for a contract, and purge. Get a stud RHD before the draft because there is a lot of D in the projected top 10 now.

The country club has been this club and frankly, us. We got fat and happy on fun times and now it's time to pay the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad