OT: Phoenix Suns Win The 1OV Pick In The 2018 NBA Draft Lottery

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Probably not.... His new head coach also knows Doncic and has coached him in international play.
I can see the coach/GM/Owner, not sure who is who, taking Doncic. They should take Ayton, he will be the better pro, maybe way better.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I chuckled over one bit of the Sports Illustrated evaluation of Ayton: "While Ayton struggled defensively this season, he was frequently asked to defend forwards in Arizona’s scheme, surrendering some of his physical advantage and hampering his opportunity to consistently improve as a team defender."

There aren't a whole lot of teams in the NBA that run pure centers any more. In the NBA Ayton should expect himself to be matched up against defensively against tall athletic forwards most of the time.

2018 NBA draft Big Board: Top 100 prospects

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Reports are indicating the Suns won't trade the pick. I hope the Suns make the right choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: doaner

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
21 yrs old, two National Championships; essentially for a pick which wasn't really theirs...I like it. I do feel bad for Bridges and his short lived Cinderella story.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Lol. Suns will suns. They traded away the 2 picks they got in the Dragic deal in return for the pick they sent away in the Brandon Knight Deal.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Suns did shockingly good yesterday.

Outside of picking Ayton, I'd say not really. Bridges is a projected role player maybe a shooter, euro PG they picked isn't actually a prototypical PG, last guy they took is a 24 year old character pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad