OT: Phoenix Suns Win The 1OV Pick In The 2018 NBA Draft Lottery

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Phoenix Suns win NBA Draft Lottery, will pick No. 1 in 2018 NBA Draft

The Phoenix Suns entered Tuesday’s NBA Draft Lottery with the best odds to land the No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft and they left with just that.
The Suns will have the first pick in the NBA Draft for the first time in franchise history.
It is Phoenix’s highest selection in the draft since 1987 when the team selected Armen Gilliam with the second overall pick. Having picked fourth the past two years, the Suns have not had a top-three pick since that draft.
Experts peg two players at the top of this year’s draft class: Arizona’s Deandre Ayton and Real Madrid’s Luka Doncic.

The franchise deserved to be blasted over the years, but the team finally got it right here as this win is huge for this franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: doaner

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I have not followed the Suns seriously since 2009, but I'm happy to see them (or any Arizona team for that matter) finally win a lottery draw. Hopefully whomever they pick is a franchise keeper.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
is it mean to say i don't care? actually kinda makes me more pissed that we didn't and they did. I'm not a basketball fan. Good for any of you Suns fans though, I wish i knew what it felt like!

Magic won it 3 times. It's awesome. Didn't win any Finals tho.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Harvick looks unstoppable this year.

Stewart-Haas figured something out in the off-season, and moreover they performed addition by subtraction by letting Danica go.

Also, the Indy 500 is in two weeks and I could not be more excited.

(On topic - of course the Suns get 1OA. That awful franchise with the terrible owner and sad sack GM getting the lottery luck out of sheer imbecility is perfect for this stupid market.)

Reactions: RABBIT and Yandover

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Keep in mind the Suns lost out on the pick that would be Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I hate to do those what might have been scenarios (especially since I love the "Little Texas" song of the same name). But if Kareem was a Sun, things could have been a lot different.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Lew Alcindor or Neal Walk.....the most painful of coin tosses.

Should have called tails.........SHOULD HAVE CALLED TAILS!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ayton probably makes a better stretch 4.

Props to Sarver if the scouts and coaches want Doncic and he lets it happen. Not easy for a man from Tucson that went to UA.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Looks like the Suns don't have a choice yet. Let who they pick help turn the franchise around and make Phoenix a viable place again for free agents.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Will they trade down to get him? Will he come? F wasting a 1st round on a guy who may never come over. Take the sure thing. The criticism with Ayton's game should be fixable, as he hasn't been playing BB all that long...7 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad