Proposal: Philly - Flames

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Nope....I want to see what Patrick has and if he can come back from his injuries....lets see if he can fulfill his potential first ....

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I feel like Bennett would explode in Philly.

But I don’t think they do this. I would probably do it, even though Patrick makes me nervous. I still have hope that one day Sam will find a place with the Flames.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd do Bennett and a 2nd for Patrick. Wouldn't touch Gaudreau and Bennett for Konecny.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Could always have Bennett on the 3rd line next to Laughton.
Deal could be

Calgary:
1st
Bennett

Philly:
3rd
Patrick
It can't be because of the salary cap.
Hart big raise
Sanheim legit raise
Patrick small raise
Possibly one d-man add unless you have Zamula and York on next year's roster. For sure need a d-man if Ghost goes in ED.

As of today I have Laughton walking in free agency. And if I have Laughton walking I sure will not add Bennett instead. If JVR is taken in ED then you can reevaluate.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don't entirely agree with that, he's been plagued with migraine issues that look like they are behind him now
The flames pick will probably be a lottery pick.

patrick had a good start but has not produced much since

I don’t know if he is worth a lottery pick alone and with Bennett

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
It can't be because of the salary cap.
Hart big raise
Sanheim legit raise
Patrick small raise
Possibly one d-man add unless you have Zamula and York on next year's roster. For sure need a d-man if Ghost goes in ED.

As of today I have Laughton walking in free agency. And if I have Laughton walking I sure will not add Bennett instead. If JVR is taken in ED then you can reevaluate.

You can pay a team to take a contract off your hands. JVR is playing better then he has his entire career, but unless he scores, he's worthless. I'd rather get rid of his contract at the end of the season no matter what to get that savings back. As of now, Hart doesn't deserve a big raise and realistically Frost could be move to get a top 4 defenseman with some term. Trading JVR is the key of the off-season ( or have someone take Gostisbehere and his deal)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No. Bennett is trash. Patrick still has untapped potential at least. They'll give him until the end of the 21-22 season at least to put it all together. Only need him to be a 30-40 point 3C with Couturier and Hayes above him.

Reactions: Tripod

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Tkachuk
For
Konecny + Patrick

Tkachuk is a bit younger and has been the more productive player. He lead the team in scoring, from the right side last year. Hes also more expensive but his contract matches up with Giroux.

The Flames are short NHL caliber bodies to fill out the top 6. So far we've basically been running 2 man units, filled out with waiver level player. I'm not sure I'd even do this, with the risks associated with Patrick, but I thought it could be interesting for both clubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad