Player Discussion Phillip Danault (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
>resign Danault for 8x8
>immediately retire as GM

0cd.png

...have to move to Northern Siberia or some deserted Island in the Pacific in order to escape Habs fans hunting you...

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
...why, so he can blank guys like Matthews while giving up softies to guys like Gourde??...:laugh:

It's a bit of a meme. We made Drouin a center. Why can't we make Danault a goalie. He's so good at stopping the offense from other teams so why can't he do it in goal

:o

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Dude, if this contract is true, then it takes away any sting that I might have felt at losing him. Seattle can have him for that price, by all means. Jesus H Christ...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Considering Montreal needs Francophone Quebecois if Danault is gone, I'd be shocked if Brassard isn't a Hab.

I haven't seen him play recently. But he's the type of 4c I'd like to sign - an Eric Staal upgrade. Let Evans play in the top 9.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Danault to Seattle just makes so much sense. There aren't any top centers available in the expansion draft and they are very hard to come by. Danault gets what he wants, top 6 ice time and linemates. He'll go back to putting 50 points a year playing his two way game. Everyone happy.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault to Seattle just makes so much sense. There aren't any top centers available in the expansion draft and they are very hard to come by. Danault gets what he wants, top 6 ice time and linemates. He'll go back to putting 50 points a year playing his two way game. Everyone happy.

Ryan Johansen, Josh Bailey, Max Domi, and Gourde are all avialable - plus Matt Duchene - to name 5.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Man... I can live with the term... i mean defensive C like him can play for a long time, but the money.... OUCH!!!! Good on Bergevin for letting him go.

Now with him gone and Drouin on the way out... look for all the French media to complain about the lack of Quebec born players on the team.
Might be why they stacked up in Laval.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault is more valuable than those. And is a natural center too.

You're the first person I've heard say Danault is more valuable than Gourde - though I personally think it's very close.

Why do you have Danault ahead of Josh Bailey and Ryan Johansen?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
You're the first person I've heard say Danault is more valuable than Gourde - though I personally think it's very close.

Why do you have Danault ahead of Josh Bailey and Ryan Johansen?

Danault is a natural center, Bailey is more of a winger, Danault is better at taking faceoffs and is a better center. Johansen makes 8 millions and is older and has lost his touch. Danault is also better at shutdown. I like Gourde too but Gourde is tiny and size is more important than you think unless you're Caufield! Teams overlook smaller players for a reason.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault is a natural center, Bailey is more of a winger, Danault is better at taking faceoffs and is a better center. Johansen makes 8 millions and is older and has lost his touch. Danault is also better at shutdown. I like Gourde too but Gourde is tiny and size is more important than you think unless you're Caufield! Teams overlook smaller players for a reason.

Fyi, Danault only 7 months younger than Johansen...

So, you're in favor of us signing Danault?

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
If Seattle is able to negotiate a contract with Danault, what’s stopping them from picking another player and then signing Danault after free agency starts?

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Seattle is able to negotiate a contract with Danault, what’s stopping them from picking another player and then signing Danault after free agency starts?
nothing. it's just a risk. because if they wait, someone else may offer more.

Reactions: Doc5

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If Danault is gone we gotta start thinking about 3c replacements:

UFA:
Bonino
Haula
Stastny
Wennberg

4c's and role Evans as 3
Zajac (kinda old but not bad)
Paquette
R.Nash (3/4 imo)

For Trade possibly
Dvorak (rumored available)
Gourde (Tampa needs cap)
Tierney (ufa next year)
Strome (either of the C's really)

I think Poehling is graduating to th NHL as 4th line center and Evans takes Danault's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad