Player Discussion Phillip Danault part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
1999 Mike Peca.
big-bang-theory-penny-WHAT-gif.gif

Second on his team ins coring. 56 points in the regular season.. 13 in the playoffs. 69 points in 101 games. Compared at 26 points in 69 games. One of those is a 56 point per 82 game pace (including playoffs) against a 31 point season pace (including playoffs). One of them was also in the clutch and grab NHL. That's not even comparable.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
big-bang-theory-penny-WHAT-gif.gif

Second on his team ins coring. 56 points in the regular season.. 13 in the playoffs. 69 points in 101 games. Compared at 26 points in 69 games. One of those is a 56 point per 82 game pace (including playoffs) against a 31 point season pace (including playoffs). One of them was also in the clutch and grab NHL. That's not even comparable.

Who cares? One is a COVID-compressed, North Division season and the other is not. You got anything else while we're at it?

Lol supreme defensive ability, minimal offensive contributions. Mike Peca. Spin your stats away.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Nick Bonino got 4.1 for 4 coming off Pittsburgh run as the go to defensive guy to be a 3C ultimately in Nashville. Relatively same age when signing

phil gets 5 easy off that comparison

Reactions: rickthegoon

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Who cares? One is a COVID-compressed, North Division season and the other is not. You got anything else while we're at it?

Lol supreme defensive ability, minimal offensive contributions. Mike Peca. Spin your stats away.
LOL maybe end of his career Michael Peca

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nick Bonino got 4.1 for 4 coming off Pittsburgh run as the go to defensive guy to be a 3C ultimately in Nashville. Relatively same age when signing

phil gets 5 easy off that comparison
It was a pretty short term deal though at 4 years (which they also traded away). If Danault is willing to take less than 5 years, he'll cash in for sure.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I went for '99 because of age, and '03 would be the most reflective. Sure. If those are our debates now, HF Habs is all roses and buckets of joy.

:popcorn:
In 99 - Mike Peca was a great hockey player who won a Gold Medal for Team Canada and also captained Team Canada. Phil Danault is a good one, but not a great one.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I once heard media comparing Danault with Pageau and it started an endless comparison between both players here on this board. Why don't we agree to end this bs comparison for the benefit of this board. They are not the same type of player at all, it's a total waste of time. I prefer listening to the media, they stopped comparing both players because they know hockey and they are professionals.
If we all look back, I believe it was Phil's agent who started ALL of the comparisons, using Pageau as the measuring stick............so maybe ask him to shut down the comparisons? Afterall, it was a bet Phil's agent lost...
Shutdown guy who hopefully will stay for a reasonable contract and term......that's what has become of our Phil.
Hope we can make it work.....

Bottom line is here, you and all of the Phil supporters really should embrace the same idea....Team first!!

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
How do you explain his production since 2016-17 then? I'd say it's pretty good for a guy with "no offence".
being used as the #1 C
- cracked the 50 pts mark ONCE
- barely used on the PP
- 1 goal in 32 PO games
- 0.22 PPG in the PO
- never reached 15 goals in the NHL
- was below 0.5PPG this season

so, please tell me, what do you mean by "pretty good" ? are you talking about his 0.13 PPG these PO ? or his 0 goals ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He was not getting "first like C minutes".
17-18 : 3rd most used forward, most used C
18-19 : most used forward
19-20 : 2nd most used behind Kovalchuk
20-21 : 3rd most used forward, 2nd most used C

no worries, I know you'll find something to justify his 0.22 career PPG in the PO and his 0 goals and 2 assists in 16 PO games this year.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
being used as the #1 C

Not in terms of icetime he wasn't.

- cracked the 50 pts mark ONCE

So we're just going to pretend he wouldn't have done it last season?

barely used on the PP

And still being able to produce at above 0,5 PPG during those seasons? Are you trying to make an argument FOR Danault?

- 0.22 PPG in the

I explained to you what is the reason for that.

so, please tell me, what do you mean by "pretty good" ?

I did. You just refuse to listen.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

no worries, I know you'll find something to justify his 0.22 career PPG in the PO and his 0 goals and 2 assists in 16 PO games this year.
And now go and compare those minutes league-wide.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
There was a stat on tv before the last that showed Danault is the lowest scoring forward with the most minutes played in the last 20 years in the playoffs. He may set some records yet.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Not in terms of icetime he wasn't.

So we're just going to pretend he wouldn't have done it last season?

And still being able to produce at above 0,5 PPG during those seasons? Are you trying to make an argument FOR Danault?

I explained to you what is the reason for that.

I did. You just refuse to listen.

Dude, the guy has 2 assists in 16 PO games, NO GOALS. he has a career 0.22 PPG in the PO. his own coaches do not think he's good enough offensively to be part of the PP, Julien, Ducharme and now Richardson do not use him on the PP.

Our PP sucked for a long time, don't you think if Phil the thrill was pretty good offensively he would have been used there ? come on now...

justifictation.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
And now go and compare those minutes league-wide.
so, what you're saying is if I look at other teams stats for 18-19 (for example) he wont be our most used forward anymore ? or is it just something new (as predicted lol) to justify fact he sucks offensively ?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
so, what you're saying is if I look at other teams stats for 18-19 (for example) he wont be our most used forward anymore ? or is it just something new (as predicted lol) to justify fact he sucks offensively ?
At this point all I'm going to say is that you're a rather tedious fella, with whom there's no point having a discussion.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

so he’s discredited for picking up points with MTL because he’s in a situation that is only pertinent in MtL where he gets better wingers.....

But now when we say compare him his minutes against the league for “ top line c”, it doesn’t matter because because it’s not a fair relation to the league .

Shoutout to all the double standards out here :laugh:

Reactions: Archijerej

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
At this point all I'm going to say is that you're a rather tedious fella, with whom there's no point having a discussion.
Dude, you're trying to convince me (and others) that 2 assists in 16 games is -> pretty good <- the guy has yet to have ONE good PO run offensively since being a Hab, just one...

the guy produce shit in the PO and is average at his very best offensively during regular season

not average, or ok, or decent or good nope. -> pretty good <-

safe to say you don't really want to have a discussion anyway.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I understand your point. And it should not have been like that. But people like to throw first-line icetime for Danault as if we're talking a McDavid type of gap between the other players.

This year, Danault is the 2nd most used C. But in the league, he's 62nd. We have to stop throwing those 1st line minutes statement. Yes, we still can throw the he shouldn't be playing on that line, should be playing less icetime and so on....but that Habs team relies on playing a close to even amount of icetime at least compared to players that play REAL 1st line minutes like McDavid and Co.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I understand your point. And it should not have been like that. But people like to throw first-line icetime for Danault as if we're talking a McDavid type of gap between the other players.

This year, Danault is the 2nd most used C. But in the league, he's 62nd. We have to stop throwing those 1st line minutes statement. Yes, we still can throw the he shouldn't be playing on that line, should be playing less icetime and so on....but that Habs team relies on playing a close to even amount of icetime at least compared to players that play REAL 1st line minutes like McDavid and Co.
I'm not those people, thank you.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Man if he can sign for around 4.25M long term, would help this organization out so much. He can have all the endorsements here he wants that he probably won't get elsewhere.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
You might want to look at the poll oh great one. Suzuki and Danault are 1 and 2. Remove either one from the lineup and it becomes a big problem.

Suzuki is capital to the team, because he's a true two-way centre, a defensive centre like Danault is helping us a lot these playoffs, but he's not hard to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad