Confirmed Signing with Link: Philip Holm to the Vancouver Canucks (1 year ELC)

JonnyCanuck604

Oct 28, 2016
The Leafs have really really good scouting.

& they were interested, so that's good enough for me.

Because I really don't like Benning's scouting ability. So maybe the law of averages are on our side for once, and Benning got lucky
You do realise GMJB is known as one of the better scouts Brock at 23rd Gaudette in the 5th Tram in the 3rd dido with Brisbois. Sven for A second. 17 goals in 69 games. Granlund for shink who was A bust Granny 19 goals in 60 something games on a bum wrist all year. Guddy for another bust in McCann. Ya, he sure sucks at scouting Gimme A Break.

JonnyCanuck604

Oct 28, 2016
Babcock doesn't like the players who have low ceiling, look at Corrado. Holm would've ended up in the same boat. Good decision on his part to not sign with Toronto, if Toronto even offered him a contract, to begin with.
I assume you must have watched him on A regular basis to be able to judge his ceiling. Or are just another typical laugh fan who hates the fact he turned down the laughs and Hawks to come to Van unless your a scout your opinion means about as much as Nylander without Mathews Translation they both are useless

JonnyCanuck604

Oct 28, 2016
I apologize for hijacking this thread, but some so called "leaf fans" are embarassing us.

Hunwick, Polak, Carrick (he only has good skating, low hockey IQ, and he can't snipe corners) played tremendous minutes that would not be afforded to them on a different team. I like what they did for the leafs as stop-gap solutions, but don't make sweeping generalizations like that as there is tremendous evidence that Babcock likes his role players and doesn't limit opportunities based on "ceiling."

As a leafs' fan, this a good signing for the Canucks. From what I heard, he has good skating which should help his transition. Free wallet.
too bad more leaf fans don't have your maturity. They hate on Any player that decided to sign with another team Good on you for having some class.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
We're actually quite sophisticated and realistic. The two posters in this thread are vastly misrepresenting our fanbase. I can't find the clip, but I believe it was Button who said Holm was the more refined and ready of the three defenseman, but that the other two could have more potential (vague I know).

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
You do realise GMJB is known as one of the better scouts Brock at 23rd Gaudette in the 5th Tram in the 3rd dido with Brisbois. Sven for A second. 17 goals in 69 games. Granlund for shink who was A bust Granny 19 goals in 60 something games on a bum wrist all year. Guddy for another bust in McCann. Ya, he sure sucks at scouting Gimme A Break.

He is one of the worst scouts in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2