Rumor: Philadelphia wanted a 1st rounder, or specific prospect to take Joseph from Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Oh I'm sure you would.

I think a Frost trade would be similar to the one suggested earlier - Frost @ 50% for Kubalik and a 2nd

Flyers get a 2nd for Frost plus Kubalik who they can give PP minutes and flip him to a contender at the deadline for another 2nd or 3rd.

Ottawa gets $1.45M in cap space and can sign Pinto with the right cap moves.
That is brutal for the FLyers. Frost for Pinto straight up.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
That is brutal for the FLyers. Frost for Pinto straight up.
How is this brutal for the Flyers? You're virtually getting two picks in the first 3 rounds for a player that your coach doesn't want to play.

Frost does not get you Pinto. I guarantee you Frost for Pinto straight up is further in value than Frost for a 2nd and a 3rd

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Oh I'm sure you would.

I think a Frost trade would be similar to the one suggested earlier - Frost @ 50% for Kubalik and a 2nd

Flyers get a 2nd for Frost plus Kubalik who they can give PP minutes and flip him to a contender at the deadline for another 2nd or 3rd.

Ottawa gets $1.45M in cap space and can sign Pinto with the right cap moves.
Its hideous because rebuilding teams have absolutely zero business trading under 25 players for players who will be ufa's at the end of the year.

Oh goodie flyers go from 64 to 67 points in the standings.

But Kubalik will get a 2? Not the way he is playing.

But Flyers get 2 and 3 for Frost. Chuck Flusher is gone in case you haven't heard.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
How is this brutal for the Flyers? You're virtually getting two picks in the first 3 rounds for a player that your coach doesn't want to play.

Frost does not get you Pinto. I guarantee you Frost for Pinto straight up is further in value than Frost for a 2nd and a 3rd
Players you can't fit under the cap don't get you Morgan Frost .

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A note of caution on the Flyers hot start - they also had great records in October 2022 and in October 2021. Then the wheels fell off.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Dumping Kubalik is the obvious move. Someone will pick him up as a waiver claim.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Dumping Kubalik is the obvious move. Someone will pick him up as a waiver claim.
that is what I would do. first run him thru waivers and see if anybody picks him up. and then trade him with a small sweetner. Maybe a 4-5th round gets someone to take him. the teams that would want him cant afford him is the issue. the teams with cap space probably don't want him at 2.5 salary. IE why you might need to attach a small sweetner.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
No more cap problems for the Sens, might as well close this thread.

Joseph has played great so far this year, glad to have him. Can't say the same about Kubalik, but meh, he fits under the cap.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Is he any kind of a tough guy? Then I guess some goon GM may claim him on waivers.

He put up 45 points last year and makes 2.5M on an expiring contract. Ottawa fans are ready to dump him because he has 0 points in 6 games but I don't think Dorion is going to dump the only (and possibly best) NHL player he got in the DeBrincat trade for free.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
With Pinto unlikely to be signed this year, the Sens have no reason to dump anyone anymore.

This whole ordeal may have been known by Dorion, which would explain his lack of doing anything at all about it. We'll never know for sure though.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Pinto will be signed in January for $875,000 (his QO, he has no leverage, only option is to sign this). The Sens will make cap room by sending 13th forward (Kelly or MacEwan) to the AHL. So they can play out the year with a 21 man roster!

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Imagine having given up a first to get rid of a point per game 3M Joseph only to have Pinto suspended for 41 games. Definitely glad other teams were asking too much.

Not to mention we then lost a first for the Dadonov thing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad