Pre-Game Talk: Philadelphia -Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Aside from Detroit getting a point (which isn't even that bad considering they were leading at one point in that game) a pretty good night for us. Most of the teams around us lost and we've got good chances to stay ahead of Tampa and try to catch Montreal.

But comes down to playing well in this game. Certainly hope they can put together a good performance and heck maybe not have their PP self-destruct.

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
Awesome night for the leafs re: the hordes biting at their heels. Only Detroit got a point, gotta be real happy about that. The way the schedule works it always seems our rivals have games in hand so this was a March miracle.

budscweizer16

Jun 14, 2004
Prospect Park(outsid
Thanks for the input guys. We are about 2 hours out. Been driving all night. We will definitely be checking out real sports and some gentlemans clubs and I think we are gonna go to the game. We are staying at the inter continental hotel.

sw13

Jan 31, 2014
what would you do if nonis bought out or traded clarkson and signed kulemin to an identical contract

I'd be pumped because he's 1000 times the player Clarkson is, the longest serving leaf, and plays with actual grit and not stupidity. The faster Clarkson is bought out, the faster the anchor is lifted and this ship can start moving again. Clarkson is such a dark spot on this team it's crazy. When the mistake was made that Ashton was in instead of him I was so pumped. It might be the worst signing in franchise history.

As for the game, it's must win. Heading out for three really tough road games in California we have to get two points in this game. If the leafs can somehow get a couple points in Cali that would be gravy. My expectations aren't high though.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Aside from Detroit getting a point (which isn't even that bad considering they were leading at one point in that game) a pretty good night for us. Most of the teams around us lost and we've got good chances to stay ahead of Tampa and try to catch Montreal.

But comes down to playing well in this game. Certainly hope they can put together a good performance and heck maybe not have their PP self-destruct.

Things turned out really well especially with Buffalo playing spoiler. We really need this win against Philly bad, next 3 in California will be tough. Getting Bolland back any time now would also be a bonus.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
All those outlets are available to get Leaf tickets, but if you're willing to spend that much I think you may be able to get that off Scalpers. Check all those sites anyway though.

Plenty of bars around there, but depends what you're looking for. Loose Moose or Real Sports is great before, during, and after the game. The Madison (full of morons usually though), Brunny, Tequila Jacks, etc. There are plenty you can't go wrong with. There are also several dance and 'adult' clubs around :laugh:.

Edit: Oh it's a Saturday game, may be difficult to pay $75 but I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

The guy's going for a bachelor party... I seriously doubt he's 18 years old. The Brunny and Tequila Jack's are notorious underage bars. The Madison is at least 21+.

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
The guy's going for a bachelor party... I seriously doubt he's 18 years old. The Brunny and Tequila Jack's are notorious underage bars. The Madison is at least 21+.

Not to mention I doubt he wants to go to the Annex after being downtown (referring to the Madison and the Brunny here). Might as well just stay downtown. Plenty of options there :laugh:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
the out of town scoreboard was very good to us yesterday.

a win tomorrow will really put some significant distance between us and the teams chasing those wild card spots.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Hey guys what happened to McLaren? I try not to follow the leafs but noticed in the GDT on the flyers board that he wasn't on your guys roster? AHL?

Edit: I try NOT to follow the leafs but when everyone in London are Leafs fans I kinda have to lol.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Hey guys what happened to McLaren? I try not to follow the leafs but noticed in the GDT on the flyers board that he wasn't on your guys roster? AHL?

Edit: I try NOT to follow the leafs but when everyone in London are Leafs fans I kinda have to lol.

He was waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad