Pre-Game Talk: Philadelphia -Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace88*

Setting sail(driving) for Toronto tonight around 11pm from the Philly area. WE COME IN PEACE! haha. Coming down for a buddys bachelor party, he wanted to do hall of fame and maybe get tiks to the game on saturday, as well as the obvious, getting whacked out of our skulls! I agree with some of the comments that we are similar teams and I would really like to go to the game if im gonna be there anyway.
what is the best outlet for tiks?
back in Philly, we use craigslist, stubhub, ebay. anything similar for leafs tiks?
looking to spend about $75 a tik if possible. Also looknig for ideas on bars, things we can do?? we are staying near the Air Canada Center. So anything within a few miles would be good.

honestly, wait til a couple minutes into the game and bargain a scalper down. They're usually pretty desperate by that point and you can get into the lower bowl for around $60 a ticket

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Setting sail(driving) for Toronto tonight around 11pm from the Philly area. WE COME IN PEACE! haha. Coming down for a buddys bachelor party, he wanted to do hall of fame and maybe get tiks to the game on saturday, as well as the obvious, getting whacked out of our skulls! I agree with some of the comments that we are similar teams and I would really like to go to the game if im gonna be there anyway.
back in Philly, we use craigslist, stubhub, ebay. anything similar for leafs tiks?
looking to spend about $75 a tik if possible. Also looknig for ideas on bars, things we can do?? we are staying near the Air Canada Center. So anything within a few miles would be good.

Similar sites. I usually do stubhub and kijij is something you don't have in the states, so check that out, too. As far as $75/ticket... god help ya haha that's a reallllly hard find on a Saturday.

Leafs Life Hockey*

Philly fans coming in peace? Now I've seen everything.

j/k

summerstorm

Dec 5, 2011
you might get to watch a Marlies game @ $75 a ticket....Leaf games are different....good hunting tho...hope you get to enjoy this match-up!!

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON

All those outlets are available to get Leaf tickets, but if you're willing to spend that much I think you may be able to get that off Scalpers. Check all those sites anyway though.

Plenty of bars around there, but depends what you're looking for. Loose Moose or Real Sports is great before, during, and after the game. The Madison (full of morons usually though), Brunny, Tequila Jacks, etc. There are plenty you can't go wrong with. There are also several dance and 'adult' clubs around :laugh:.

Edit: Oh it's a Saturday game, may be difficult to pay $75 but I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

ElectrLeafOrchestra

Apr 2, 2013
When everyone thinks it's going to be a high-scoring game, it's usually something like 2-1 in a SO.

Anyway, let's just hope that the Leafs don't draw too many penalties. :sarcasm:

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto

I would agree with the poster on the scalpers. As a Torontonian, I will guarantee you that you won't be getting a $75 ticket otherwise. Just the nature of hockey in Toronto (thanks MLSE). Stubhub is your worst bet unless you want to pay upwards of $400 for upper bowl seats. Try Kijiji, it's essentially Canadian Craigslist. You'd have to pickup in Toronto, which might be tough if you don't know your way around the city, but it's probably a good bet for cheap(er) seats.

As for things to do, if you're around the ACC and you're a sports bar fan, you might want to check out RealSports before or after the game. It's right near the ACC across from Maple Leaf Square (where all the fans were outdoors in the playoffs if you remember seeing that). If not, Toronto's a big city with a lot of bars, clubs, whatever you're into really.

Good luck (finding tickets, not in the game, I'm simply not that sportsmanlike.)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Cheapest seats are more than $75 at cost.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I would agree with the poster on the scalpers. As a Torontonian, I will guarantee you that you won't be getting a $75 ticket otherwise. Just the nature of hockey in Toronto (thanks MLSE). Stubhub is your worst bet unless you want to pay upwards of $400 for upper bowl seats. Try Kijiji, it's essentially Canadian Craigslist. You'd have to pickup in Toronto, which might be tough if you don't know your way around the city, but it's probably a good bet for cheap(er) seats.

As for things to do, if you're around the ACC and you're a sports bar fan, you might want to check out RealSports before or after the game. It's right near the ACC across from Maple Leaf Square (where all the fans were outdoors in the playoffs if you remember seeing that). If not, Toronto's a big city with a lot of bars, clubs, whatever you're into really.

Good luck (finding tickets, not in the game, I'm simply not that sportsmanlike.)

Nothing to do with MLSE. Demand is extremely high, supply is limited. They can pretty much charge what ever they want.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
For a team with puckmovers on the back end. We have an abysmal breakout. IMO the worst part of our game. It all seems to start when we have the puck, and cant make the quick/correct play to gain the neutral zone.

Lets go. I'm confident in our team, the ability is what concerns me.

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
For a team with puckmovers on the back end. We have an abysmal breakout. IMO the worst part of our game. It all seems to start when we have the puck, and cant make the quick/correct play to gain the neutral zone.

Lets go. I'm confident in our team, the ability is what concerns me.

Agreed. Too much passing and not getting the puck deep at the blue line with too many turnovers as a result. I wish the Leafs would have taken a strip out of the Team Canada playbook when protecting a lead and just refuse to throw the puck in the middle until it broke down the defense erstwhile eating valuable minutes on the cycle. We'd have a winning record since the break ended were that the case I'm sure. That is unless we get more powerplays. Shorties are killing us.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
We have a team that should be familiar with where linemates are on the ice and quick little plays that gain us advantage over the norm. (flick it up the boards, hope for a winger to be there) It pisses me off how we rely on this all game.

Either A) go up the boards blindly B)Cycle back to D partner hoping that the other side isn't as strong.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We need to turn things around, and it needs to start tomorrow.

They're just coming off a win, albeit an OT win, however, do we need to lose now? Is that what you mean by 'turn things around?' :laugh:

What we really need is a REGULATION win! :yo:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
During Olympic break we lost our mojo..

It is slowly coming back. We need to take these guys seriously,they had one of the worst starts ever and are now climbing.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Detroit gets a point, but if we can stay ahead of Tampa it doesnt really matter.

We have 2 more games against Tampa, and one against Montreal. Those will obviously be big games. As will our west coast swing next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad