Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
unfortunately this is probably true, but he won't want to play for the mets. probably doesn't want to play for Phillies either.
I actually think the Phillies would be a fairly reasonable choice for him. I feel like a big draw to LAA was playing with Trout. The Phils have Harper (and Turner!).

I seem to recall him only wanting the west coast when he originally came over though also. Can't imagine he limits himself like that again

I think the Phils are more possible than most teams. Early frontrunners? Nah. But they'll be connected for sure

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nice to see Nola look like Nola again.

Eflin reminded us why we shouldnt have let him walk. Sadness.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I actually think the Phillies would be a fairly reasonable choice for him. I feel like a big draw to LAA was playing with Trout. The Phils have Harper (and Turner!).

I seem to recall him only wanting the west coast when he originally came over though also. Can't imagine he limits himself like that again

I think the Phils are more possible than most teams. Early frontrunners? Nah. But they'll be connected for sure
Another good playoff run would make the Phils attractive to anyone.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Another good playoff run would make the Phils attractive to anyone.
As much as we rip them the Phils are a good team. Obviously have flaws but in a silly hypothetical where the Braves aren't the class of the NL East/MLB and we don't have to play them 19 times, the Phils would be favorites in the division for the next few seasons at least. Instead they have to dog it out for the Wild Card, which sort of diminishes the perspective of them. Another good run (not necessarily another pennant) could shake that a bit

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I do a poor job of remembering guys who played for multiple teams TBH, but I made myself proud pulling a .02% and putting Rogers Hornsby for the Orioles @ .300 because I remembered he played for both St. Louis teams and of course the AL team (St. Louis Browns) eventually moved to Baltimore and became the Orioles.

Wasn't sure if it was going to count it or not, but it works that way ;)

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad