OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Now, Here's A Team Who Just Won The Super Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Hes been spotted walking in a soft brace without crutches or anything, making his own plate at an outside buffet, so lets hope for some good news, id imagine if it was serious he would not be doing all of that
Id also suggest that if it was minor, they would be putting him in a wheelchair and not letting him move it hoping for rest.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Id also suggest that if it was minor, they would be putting him in a wheelchair and not letting him move it hoping for rest.
yeah I was mobile for almost a month with minimal pain after an ACL tear, my surgeon told me once it's torn it's torn

damn it all

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I'm so depressed over the devastating loss of Wentz. Awful time to tear the ACL too, so late in the season.
Will he be through rehab and ready to start by next season?
RIP Superbowl LII.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm so depressed over the devastating loss of Wentz. Awful time to tear the ACL too, so late in the season.
Will he be through rehab and ready to start by next season?
RIP Superbowl LII.

Carson Palmer had his 2nd torn ACL in Week 10 of 2014 and made minicamp with no problem.

All rehabs are not the same etc etc. But good reason to be optimistic.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Season's still not dead even if wentz is done. The second best team in the conference has Nick Foles back up last year as their qb. John fox made every one of his qbs look terrible. Foles is definitely capable of being a solid game manager and if the team steps up he should have success...His throw on 3rd down to ice the game was a great play. He isn't Carson but it's not like we are trotting Detmer or McGloin out there. The d is top 3 right now statistically and the running game is top 5. They still have weapons on offense and they should still have home field. I mean Aj Feeley took a team to a NFC championship game.. Anything is possible. There is still not a team in conference that I look at and think they have no shot against without Wentz.

Reactions: cg41386

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Season's still not dead even if wentz is done. The second best team in the conference has Nick Foles back up last year as their qb. John fox made every one of his qbs look terrible. Foles is definitely capable of being a solid game manager and if the team steps up he should have success...His throw on 3rd down to ice the game was a great play. He isn't Carson but it's not like we are trotting Detmer or McGloin out there. The d is top 3 right now statistically and the running game is top 5. They still have weapons on offense and they should still have home field. I mean Aj Feeley took a team to a NFC championship game.. Anything is possible. There is still not a team in conference that I look at and think they have no shot against without Wentz.
No, the season is essentially dead... this team is what it is because of Carson Wentz, you CANNOT underestimate that. His presence lifts this team up and makes them want to compete for him. They didn't just lose their bar-none best player, who happens to be a budding superstar, the leading MVP candidate and a god damned sorcerer, but they also lost their bar-none general, on field coach and leader in battle. This is a totally and utterly different team without him on the field.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
No, the season is essentially dead... this team is what it is because of Carson Wentz, you CANNOT underestimate that. His presence lifts this team up and makes them want to compete for him. They didn't just lose their bar-none best player, who happens to be a budding superstar, the leading MVP candidate and a god damned sorcerer, but they also lost their bar-none general, on field coach and leader in battle. This is a totally and utterly different team without him on the field.
You are selling the rest of the team incredibly short. Wentz was responsible for the defense being top 3 in the league? They didn't look like a completely and utterly different team in the 4th quarter yesterday. It is a big loss no doubt but it isn't like the team is complete trash now. Many teams have had success with great defense and a strong running game and the eagles still have both in place. Obviously their chances have taken a hit but to say they have no chance at all is complete hyperbole. This is still a good football team. They are much more likely to step up in other areas in order to compete than throw up their hands and say well our qb is done let's just forfeit...

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
You are selling the rest of the team incredibly short. Wentz was responsible for the defense being top 3 in the league? They didn't look like a completely and utterly different team in the 4th quarter yesterday. It is a big loss no doubt but it isn't like the team is complete trash now. Many teams have had success with great defense and a strong running game and the eagles still have both in place. Obviously their chances have taken a hit but to say they have no chance at all is complete hyperbole. This is still a good football team. They are much more likely to step up in other areas in order to compete than throw up their hands and say well our qb is done let's just forfeit...
I'm not saying let's forfeit, i'm just being realistic. You don't lose the MVP and expect to have even similar fortunes. It's just not practical. Can they still win out? Sure, their last 3 games aren't going to be difficult wins at all. Can they win a playoff game? Sure, it's possible. Can they win the NFC? Most likely no. Are they a Super Bowl contender? absolutely not.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Probably had a part to do with it, sure. If the offense is on the field longer, the defense is helped over the duration of the game.

Now I think we have a very good team, but losing Carson is crushing :(

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
I'm not saying let's forfeit, i'm just being realistic. You don't lose the MVP and expect to have even similar fortunes. It's just not practical. Can they still win out? Sure, their last 3 games aren't going to be difficult wins at all. Can they win a playoff game? Sure, it's possible. Can they win the NFC? Most likely no. Are they a Super Bowl contender? absolutely not.

Anything can happen. If we were to get through the NFC and a team like Pittsburgh makes it from the AFC, we can beat them. I think we could also beat Jacksonville/Tennessee/Baltimore. We could go run heavy and Ajayi, Blount, Clement could really break out. With Wents going down we can find other elements of surprise. Maybe Foles gels with one of the receivers in the last few games? Wents will still be around and offering leadership qualities and motivation for everyone else. I'm not ready to write them off even though (like everyone else) this hurts! We do have that karma with us this year and hopefully it continues. There have been a few teams/QB's in the past that have won and shouldn't have. Could it be us? Will the D step it up? Never know!

Dont get mad at me for trying to be positive here. :)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Here's the thing about Kaepernick. Should we sign him to come in and take over the team, presuming the worst? Absolutely not. Foles has been with the team all year, knows the system, he's a talented-enough guy, he's good to go. But if he gets knocked out of a game, are we really going to place our bets on Nate Sudfeld taking over the team?

I'd actually go with Sudfeld for a few reasons. First, if we are going down to our 3rd QB, we are in trouble anyway. Kap coming in after not playing for awhile and doing well is very unlikely. Second, it takes abit to understand the offense. Sudfeld has been with the team from the start, knows the plays, and I think could do a decent job by just knowing how the offense rolls. That, on top of needing a QB that is accurate is important. Sudfeld is fairly accurate, with most of his accuracy issues in college can be attributed to the WRs, who were known to drop a ton of passes. While Kap is obviously more athletic, Sudfeld is known to be an athletic QB. Third, Kap comes with the whole show. Whatever side politically one falls on can not deny that the media loves the conflict he creates on both sides. For a Super Bowl team, I don't know if his positives outweighs the negatives he brings. Lastly, it has been reported (more through sources) that he was offered backup money/position in the summer but he declined wanting a starter deal. Don't know if he comes out from what he is doing now to play again.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
The Eagles can 100% make it to the SB with Foles because there are not special QB's in the NFC right now besides an old Brees. However, the whole reason we believed they had a legit shot to win was because they were the team with the special QB. There's probably no shot at beating the Steelers or Pat's without Wentz.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
The Eagles can 100% make it to the SB with Foles because there are not special QB's in the NFC right now besides an old Brees. However, the whole reason we believed they had a legit shot to win was because they were the team with the special QB. There's probably no shot at beating the Steelers or Pat's without Wentz.
wut.

Russel Wilson and Cam Newton say hi.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

We definitely can get there, but winning it will be a hell of a task

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Birds will be fine if they have the mindset to be. It's up to them whether or not they're done. They have a very competent backup in Foles, someone who's familiar with the system, players, and franchise. They have TONS of ground game options to turn into a smashmouth team. They have 3 good TEs and the WRs are still good enough.

I think the onus to carry the team shifts to the defense. If they can improve to what they were before the last two weeks, we can still make a run. If the defense is playing well, then we only need Foles to throw 15-20 times per game, IMO.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
The Packers and Seahawks would have to actually make it into the playoffs... Cam is "special" but ultimately is a poor decision maker, easily rattled, and can be neutralized by good defenses.
Yeah, obviously. It's pretty likely one of the three will though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad