OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Now, Here's A Team Who Just Won The Super Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Shefter said the doctors said the ACL was loose, it's pretty much all but confirmed that it's torn.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So Schefter says it’s loose, which I am guessing means the Lachman test showed a softness. That means a likely tear. Hope I’m wrong, etc etc.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
a17977b3e7e98aba1065708e800b2ceb.jpg

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Thankfully I have only seen the Kap thing here and a random dude on Facebook. Such an inaccurate player. Stay with Foles and see how we do.

Here's the thing about Kaepernick. Should we sign him to come in and take over the team, presuming the worst? Absolutely not. Foles has been with the team all year, knows the system, he's a talented-enough guy, he's good to go. But if he gets knocked out of a game, are we really going to place our bets on Nate Sudfeld taking over the team?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have been researching because I’m looking for a shred of hope for the obvious reasons. The only instance I can find of a mention of “loose” in a potential ACL injury where it was not a season-ending tear was Kiko Alonso of all people. One in dozens.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Best chance to see a championship parade in Philly since the Phillies and this complete BS happens! Why doesn't this misfortune happen to the Patriots. Where is the bad karma for cheating? What has Philadelphia seriously done to deserve all these ridiculous injuries to our star players at the worst times?

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Best chance to see a championship parade in Philly since the Phillies and this complete BS happens! Why doesn't this misfortune happen to the Patriots. Where is the bad karma for cheating? What has Philadelphia seriously done to deserve all these ridiculous injuries to our star players at the worst times?

obviously throwing snowballs at a fake santa has attracted the attention of the gods and they are smiting us for our wicked ways.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006

I guess throwing snowballs at Santa and saying Crosby sucks, even though he doesn't. Maybe cheering Michael Irvins injury? I don't know

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
All my friends here in Alabama have been like "Hey, looks like this is the year for the Eagles!" and I keep telling them, no, something will happen. It always does. The Eagles are forbidden from winning. But, since I knew something was going to happen all along, I never got my hopes up. I have learned to never do that with Philly teams after the Flyer teams from the 80s killed me.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Maybe their bad karma was losing the 2 superbowls when they had some all time great teams.

That said, Brady the player, is the 3 step drop master and doesn't get first downs with his legs. TB12 has a direct impact on cutting down on his chances for physical contact.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
All my friends here in Alabama have been like "Hey, looks like this is the year for the Eagles!" and I keep telling them, no, something will happen. It always does. The Eagles are forbidden from winning. But, since I knew something was going to happen all along, I never got my hopes up. I have learned to never do that with Philly teams after the Flyer teams from the 80s killed me.
Been saying the same thing to all my friends about our great start...ask me in February.

All said, regardless of the rest of the year, its been fun, and have to be happy with what Wentz did this year. I doubt he can keep the unsustainable red zone/3rd down stats in future years, but hopefully he keeps the ints down and continues to make smart choices which will go a long way to win games.

Reactions: Pantokrator

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Hes been spotted walking in a soft brace without crutches or anything, making his own plate at an outside buffet, so lets hope for some good news, id imagine if it was serious he would not be doing all of that

Reactions: bennysflyers16

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Hes been spotted walking in a soft brace without crutches or anything, making his own plate at an outside buffet, so lets hope for some good news, id imagine if it was serious he would not be doing all of that
You can still walk on a torn ACL, don't think that means anything.

I am still hoping for the best though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad