OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Time To Put Those Dog Masks On Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The chance is definitely non-zero. I would say close to 50-50 at this point and better than 50-50 for 15/16. He's an excellent Center prospect, but they just don't tend to go that highly. Here's every Round 1 Center since 2010:

Cesar Ruiz 24th
Garrett Bradbury 18th
Frank Ragnow 20th
Billy Price 21st
Ryan Kelly 18th
Cam Erving 19th
Travis Frederick 31st
Maurkice Pouncey 18th

I dont care how many Kelce comparisons he generates, there is no way you use a first rounder on a center. Howie is no Chris Ballard

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The chance is definitely non-zero. I would say close to 50-50 at this point and better than 50-50 for 15/16. He's an excellent Center prospect, but they just don't tend to go that highly. Here's every Round 1 Center since 2010:

Cesar Ruiz 24th
Garrett Bradbury 18th
Frank Ragnow 20th
Billy Price 21st
Ryan Kelly 18th
Cam Erving 19th
Travis Frederick 31st
Maurkice Pouncey 18th

Appreciate the feedback. I think my speculation came from thinking other teams may want to utilize him at G instead of C.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Glad to see Kelce named as 1st team all pro center. It’s well deserved, he is a generational talent. If he’s not a first ball HoFer, we need to descend on Canton with torches and pitchforks

Reactions: JXC

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
upload_2022-1-14_13-4-16.png

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I’m too lazy to look it up but I just heard on radio “it’s tough to beat a team twice which benefits the Eagles.” So that got me thinking, we hear it all the time but is that platitude actually even true?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I’m too lazy to look it up but I just heard on radio “it’s tough to beat a team twice which benefits the Eagles.” So that got me thinking, we hear it all the time but is that platitude actually even true?

I don't have this exact number for you, but I can tell you that since 1970, teams that had a chance to go 3-0 vs an opponent have gone 14-8 in those 3rd games. It's certainly not harder to go 2-0 than 3-0.

Better teams win more games over the long haul. The rest is fluff.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Carolina only has one pick in the first two days? Ouch. Rhule will be back in college soon.

I didn’t know their situation was that dire. They’re probably too high to justify taking a QB (although they could trade down & recoup some picks on top of it). They should have just selected Fields or Jones last year. It might not have made a huge difference for this year but they’re both probably better than the QB’s in this class & you’d have them in the system for a year now.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I didn’t know their situation was that dire. They’re probably too high to justify taking a QB (although they could trade down & recoup some picks on top of it). They should have just selected Fields or Jones last year. It might not have made a huge difference for this year but they’re both probably better than the QB’s in this class & you’d have them in the system for a year now.

It wouldn't help Rhule at all, but I'd dump McCaffrey for whatever I could get, trade down for extra picks like you said, and aim to get a QB in next year's draft, which should be a decently high pick.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Ahhhh, that was my boy Eliot Shore-Parks who said that on WIP this afternoon. He knows how to straddle a fence, I tell ya.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
It wouldn't help Rhule at all, but I'd dump McCaffrey for whatever I could get, trade down for extra picks like you said, and aim to get a QB in next year's draft, which should be a decently high pick.

I’m against trading CmC but I think it might be the best way to go about things. Our OLine is atrocious and we have so much uncertainty at the QB position.

It wasted a very good defense.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Who y'all got today?

I'm going:

• Pats > Bills
  • Bungles > Raiders

Tomorrow:
  • Bucs > Eagles
  • 49ers > Cowboys
  • Chiefs > Steelers