OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Time To Put Those Dog Masks On Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The game was 28-7 before they added some garbage time scores. Yes, your favorite combo of words.

Hurts completed less than 50% of his passes and was barely over 100 yards passing.

The two biggest plays of the game for the offense were two awfully under thrown balls by Hurts that DPI got called when Reagor tried to come back to it.

Maybe they do win but keep smoking the good stuff.

LC do you think your ego can take another L? maybe you should sit this one out... you're on a major cooler.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
PFF Mock 1.png

Reactions: Flyer lurker

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I’m officially hitting that point of fandom where I’m now convinced we’ll win on Sunday despite knowing Brady can throw on our secondary at-will

I’m telling myself “The Bucs won’t know what to do once Boston Scott starts running!” like these are totally rational thoughts.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
That's less than a glowing endorsement.

If Wentz was upset and melted down due to the disrespect the Eagles showed when they drafted Hurts, these statements probably won't be well received by the Wentz camp. I made a prediction that Wentz might be quicker out of this league than anybody thinks a year ago. And we are probably only 1 year away from that.
Because while skill wise Wentz will always be able to make a comfortable living as a backup QB, his mentality very likely won't allow that.

He is just really lucky that the Colts have basically 0 other options right now unless Corral really slides a bit due to injury and they trade up for him.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Carson, right now, is getting maybe the #1 thing he needs to succeed moving forward: A reality check.

This dude started out with excellent physical ability. His injuries have hampered those a bit, but still has tools.

His mentality has been the biggest issue in the past few years - believing himself to be a top tier guy at all times.

I hope now that he isn't just having issues with the Eagles, he can learn from this and think for a moment "Maybe it isn't just everyone else...maybe I need to be a little more open"

I say this as a Carson fan who acknowledges how flawed he is. I hope he learns from this experience.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Carson, right now, is getting maybe the #1 thing he needs to succeed moving forward: A reality check.

This dude started out with excellent physical ability. His injuries have hampered those a bit, but still has tools.

His mentality has been the biggest issue in the past few years - believing himself to be a top tier guy at all times.

I hope now that he isn't just having issues with the Eagles, he can learn from this and think for a moment "Maybe it isn't just everyone else...maybe I need to be a little more open"

I say this as a Carson fan who acknowledges how flawed he is. I hope he learns from this experience.

I mean he should have gotten that reality check on the Eagles multiple times. But he didn't. He didn't want to.
I have my doubts that he will this time around. If he had the right mentality and if he were capable of that amount of self-reflection and change, things wouldn't have spiralled with the Eagles and it probably wouldn't have ended this way this season in Indy either.

But yeah. This might be his last real shot in the NFL as a starter. If he doesn't get the message this time around, he will never get it (my money is on never but stranger things have happened). He certainly can't afford to react to these statements like he did with the Eagles or his career might actually already be over.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Also, do you think there's any chance Linderbaum would fall to 19?

Seems unlikely to me, but I defer to you.

The chance is definitely non-zero. I would say close to 50-50 at this point and better than 50-50 for 15/16. He's an excellent Center prospect, but they just don't tend to go that highly. Here's every Round 1 Center since 2010:

Cesar Ruiz 24th
Garrett Bradbury 18th
Frank Ragnow 20th
Billy Price 21st
Ryan Kelly 18th
Cam Erving 19th
Travis Frederick 31st
Maurkice Pouncey 18th

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The chance is definitely non-zero. I would say close to 50-50 at this point and better than 50-50 for 15/16. He's an excellent Center prospect, but they just don't tend to go that highly. Here's every Round 1 Center since 2010:

Cesar Ruiz 24th
Garrett Bradbury 18th
Frank Ragnow 20th
Billy Price 21st
Ryan Kelly 18th
Cam Erving 19th
Travis Frederick 31st
Maurkice Pouncey 18th

PFF was ripping me for taking him in the middle of the 1st if he fell. Then for some reason they stopped grading your picks today. Unless they realized they goofed it and literally gave everything an A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad