OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): The Regular Season Is Upon Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

D
oes an educated individual have any insight on the Bucs number here and how it compares to their typical game-plan?

Tampa was 3rd in the league in Blitz% during the 2020 regular season. I don't have playoff numbers handy.

Since that's raw amount of blitzes over a 1 game sample, I would guess that it's an outlier caused in part by a high blitz rate team playing against a team that took the 5th most offensive snaps this week.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Tampa was 3rd in the league in Blitz% during the 2020 regular season. I don't have playoff numbers handy.

Since that's raw amount of blitzes over a 1 game sample, I would guess that it's an outlier caused in part by a high blitz rate team playing against a team that took the 5th most offensive snaps this week.
Do you think that’s inversely why Dallas passed 400 times and why Dak apparently checked out of several called runs?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Do you think that’s inversely why Dallas passed 400 times and why Dak apparently checked out of several called runs?

I would imagine that's part of it along with game script and how many of those blitzes were openly shown pre-snap. I saw the Kellen Moore quote that he checked out of 12/28 running calls, which is an extremely high number on any scale.

Here's something else that backs that up. One of the nerds does an early down Passing Rate vs Expected and Dallas was at +28% with the next closest team being Tampa at +16%. We know for sure that they weren't throwing because they were forced into long yardage situations. It also somewhat kills the game script idea and pushes that toward a minor factor.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I would imagine that's part of it along with game script and how many of those blitzes were openly shown pre-snap. I saw the Kellen Moore quote that he checked out of 12/28 running calls, which is an extremely high number on any scale.

Here's something else that backs that up. One of the nerds does an early down Passing Rate vs Expected and Dallas was at +28% with the next closest team being Tampa at +16%. We know for sure that they weren't throwing because they were forced into long yardage situations. It also somewhat kills the game script idea and pushes that toward a minor factor.

I absolutely love it, I can’t wait to follow for the next 16 weeks. I wonder how long Moore winds up sticking around there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Panthers-Texans next Thursday, after Giants-Football Team this week? What the f***?

8f022e53-f9b3-4115-adad-1e1f3013d12a_text.gif

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
guess i lucked out ..since i do not have cable i am not able to watch the awesomeness that is Giants-Football Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad