Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I tiered it up because I was curious. I have 6 guys on Tier 1. 17 on Tier 2. 23 on Tier 3. I have two guys on Tier 3 who stand zero chance of lasting until 22 and at least one more who probably won't.

22 just does not feel like a spot you have to move up from to me at all.
I am BEGGING the 49ers/Chiefs/Car/Was to want to trade up and give us low first - low second/high second and third/ two seconds as the base compensation.

It's a perfect year for this....

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Brock looks pretty good to me, I just don't like drafting first round TEs. Feel like the value is never there anymore.
100% agree. Kyle Pitts is a great talent. Taking him at 4 was insane. Playing around on mocks, in one I had Brock avail at 50. There is no way I couldn't pull the trigger on that.

Also...I'm totally fine if we trade down and pick up a WR in the first. Can never have enough good WR in the pipeline. Trade down is the important part though...

I'm burning for WR Corley @53ish though.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
If they're trading up, I hope it's because they recognize that they can't get through another season without adding major talent at CB, and believe the best option will be off the board at 22. No other position makes sense for a trade up, to me.
I'm of the opinion that last years coaching was so off, it had a major affect on the product on the field. James Bradberry didnt forget to play angles in 1 year. He's giving guys outside angles because I believe he thought he's got help, then DIDNT get help and gets cooked.

Far less about talent than about playing a team concept.

I'm willing to give Fangio this year to right that ship.

Now LB, was a talent mess.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Jesus. The Bears are seeking a domed stadium project that would cost almost $5 BILLION dollars. More than half they want from local/state money as they said they'd finance 'almost' 2 billion of it.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

Jesus. The Bears are seeking a domed stadium project that would cost almost $5 BILLION dollars. More than half they want from local/state money as they said they'd finance 'almost' 2 billion of it.

Yep, millionaires/billionaires need subsidies, how else will they survive.

I'm perfectly fine with public funds being used, if the "public" gets comparable stake in ownership.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm of the opinion that last years coaching was so off, it had a major affect on the product on the field. James Bradberry didnt forget to play angles in 1 year. He's giving guys outside angles because I believe he thought he's got help, then DIDNT get help and gets cooked.

Far less about talent than about playing a team concept.

I'm willing to give Fangio this year to right that ship.

Now LB, was a talent mess.

That may well be the case, but even if Bradberry returns to form, and he, Slay, and Maddox are healthy all year, I don't trust anyone beyond those three (Rodgers has been out too long, Ringo's flashed but I wouldn't hang my hat there, everyone else is "in case of emergency" only), and Slay is the second-oldest guy on the roster behind BG (well, he and Lane are both 33 and in their 12th year, I don't feel like looking up exact birthdays), so I'm not willing to assume he's got a ton of time left before he's gone. If we're very lucky, we don't need a new top DB this year. We will within the next two years, I'm reasonably sure of that.

And yeah, LB is a hot mess, 'twas ever such and ever shall be as long as Howie's the one doing the evaluating. I'm not counting on a LB before day 3.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Howie is coming

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad