OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Now, Here's A Team Who Just Won The Super Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Nick Foles could turn into Jeff Hostetler
but I don't think our D can mirror that of the 1990 Giants

damn it all

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Remember...

nick-foles-sports-illustrated-cover-philadelphia-eagles.jpg

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Dougie has to change his game plan to make this work with Foles. We can't play the same way with Foles, he will get crushed back there with how immobile he is.

Will be interesting to see Doug's approach

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I’ve watched too. It makes no sense
Doug said it might have happened before contact. I still don't see a mis-step. The collision was certainly high impact and looked like it could have caused a deep bone bruise or even a fracture, but it didn't seem like a typical ACL injury. And it looked like the right leg took more of the blow.

Btw Ian Rapoport = douche

0-2

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Dougie has to change his game plan to make this work with Foles. We can't play the same way with Foles, he will get crushed back there with how immobile he is.

Will be interesting to see Doug's approach
Hopefully he can get the screen game working better than Carson could. I would imagine they go a little run heavy, or at least as close to 50/50 as Doug can go.

Reactions: BringBackBerube

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Doesn't make any sense unless it's just practice. They get him for 4 full seasons if he doesn't play this year as far as I know.

The year is still taken off of the contract. The difference is that it wouldn't count as an Accrued Season, so he would be an RFA instead of a UFA at the end of his rookie deal in 2020.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Birds will be fine if they have the mindset to be. It's up to them whether or not they're done. They have a very competent backup in Foles, someone who's familiar with the system, players, and franchise. They have TONS of ground game options to turn into a smashmouth team. They have 3 good TEs and the WRs are still good enough.

I think the onus to carry the team shifts to the defense. If they can improve to what they were before the last two weeks, we can still make a run. If the defense is playing well, then we only need Foles to throw 15-20 times per game, IMO.
they need to...but our defense isn't going to hold if you ask me. We had a good 2 series run in the 4th...but it wasnt a good performance.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
they need to...but our defense isn't going to hold if you ask me. We had a good 2 series run in the 4th...but it wasnt a good performance.

We'll see. I'm hopeful. They've got 3 struggling teams coming up that they can tune up against.

It's a different sport obviously, but the mindset of the Flyers after they had to ride Leighton into the playoffs was amazing. Their defense was epic when he was in net. Everyone remembers that Final, but leading up to it, the team rallied around him and each other.

I think the Eagles have the competitive mindset to do that, and I think that starts with the coaches imparting that in them all. This is still a special team.

Reactions: cg41386

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
You guys are delusional if you think we can get to the SB without Wentz. Wentz was the QB when this team lost to KC and SEA and he was in this game which was very close throughout. Nick Foles essentially simply did not blow it last night in the less than a quarter and a half of football that he played, and in reality the defense really stepped up to ensure that win. Nick Foles is not going to take us on a deep playoff run, and it would not shock me to see them finish 1-2 in the next three games. They snuck passed the Giants with Carson at QB and they are playing a Raiders team that has a shot at the playoffs followed by a Cowboys team that is also in the playoff hunt. They should still be able to win all three, but I would not be surprised at all if they go 1-2. Then they get to the playoffs and even if they somehow still have a bye, they're likely facing Seattle or LA again who already beat them with Wentz and who they almost beat them with mostly Wentz.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
DFF, KC and Seattle were on the road. They will probably have homefield. They have 3 good running backs, 2 tightends and 2 wide receivers. They need to pound the rock. Plus the Vikings oline looked like did last yea with their injuries. Not impossible to win the NFC.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
DFF, KC and Seattle were on the road. They will probably have homefield. They have 3 good running backs, 2 tightends and 2 wide receivers. They need to pound the rock. Plus the Vikings oline looked like did last yea with their injuries. Not impossible to win the NFC.
No amount of home field advantage can make up for losing an MVP QB for a backup QB. If this team had a truly elite and dominate defense and run game, maybe there's some hope, but he's throwing the ball 30-40 times per game, sometimes more. The defense and run game are probably championship caliber, but not without a great passing game which we simply don't have without Wentz. Pack it in, boys. It's over.

On a side note, Johnny Football reportedly seen boarding a plane to Philly. Now if that happens we still have a chance!

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
We would definitely need some luck but it's not entirely crazy, if we go in with the #1 seed. 2 wins and we guarantee that spot. We'll still be overwhelming favorites against a lifeless Giants team, where our defense has the potential absolutely dominate. If we beat the Giants, which the odds are that we will, we'll be in a great spot for locking up the #1 seed.

The Raiders are not a very good team right now, and if they lose to the Cowboys next week, they will be virtually out of contention for a playoff spot. Carr is having an awful year, and they'd be playing for nothing on Christmas night, on the road. Meanwhile, they'd be playing an emotional team who guarantees the #1 seed with a win, in primetime, at home.

Obviously, this is all hypothetical and I'm trying to just remain semi-positive here, but there's a pretty good chance that's how it unfolds in the next 2 weeks.

The only team that I'd truly be worried about facing in the NFC is the Saints, as I think all of the other opponents can be beat, even with our QB situation.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
It's not very likely, but it's not THAT far fetched that if they get the #1 seed they could win 2 home games with Foles.

Will have to do it in a different way than they have.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
This is actually one of the best posts this forum has ever seen.

I feel for Carson, he seems like such a great guy, its a shame, really hoped THIS was the year...feel like a broken record yeah.

But with sports fandom its important to realize...we all still have to go to work on Monday morning.

Man, the doom and gloom is as if we just entered WWIII.

We'll be fine. And if we aren't, it's just a game.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
We would definitely need some luck but it's not entirely crazy, if we go in with the #1 seed. 2 wins and we guarantee that spot. We'll still be overwhelming favorites against a lifeless Giants team, where our defense has the potential absolutely dominate. If we beat the Giants, which the odds are that we will, we'll be in a great spot for locking up the #1 seed.

The Raiders are not a very good team right now, and if they lose to the Cowboys next week, they will be virtually out of contention for a playoff spot. Carr is having an awful year, and they'd be playing for nothing on Christmas night, on the road. Meanwhile, they'd be playing an emotional team who guarantees the #1 seed with a win, in primetime, at home.

Obviously, this is all hypothetical and I'm trying to just remain semi-positive here, but there's a pretty good chance that's how it unfolds in the next 2 weeks.

The only team that I'd truly be worried about facing in the NFC is the Saints, as I think all of the other opponents can be beat, even with our QB situation.

It's not very likely, but it's not THAT far fetched that if they get the #1 seed they could win 2 home games with Foles.

Will have to do it in a different way than they have.

But even if we get the top seed...we still have to win TWO games against very good teams. There may not be an elite team in the NFC with no Carson Wentz, but I'd pretty much take any of Seattle, NO, Minnesota, and LA over a Carson-less Eagles. If the Pack gets Rodgers back and sneaks in throw them on the list as well. It is interesting that some people don't seem to realize that losing an MVP candidate at the most important position on the field and having a scrub come in and play for him is about as devastating a blow as you can suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad