OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2017 Season (Week Six And Beyond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I'm glad it didnt work against us...but at this point why the NFL doesnt have vertical cameras in the pylons is beyond me.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I say it IS, as long as the football games are good. Last years SB, great. Texans/Chiefs, great. Game tonight, really good. Every year "your team" could be in it.

For example, with baseball, like 8 teams realistically have a chance because they spend all the money. Is that good for the LEAGUE....I say no, i gave up watching baseball because of it. I grew up loving the A's...now they just are the AAAA farm team for the Yankees/Sox/Dodgers, ect, why even watch.

Agreed. Besides tonight though, these Thursday night games have been awful. Get rid of them.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Lol if you say so. Wentz would be getting shredded if he did that.
I guess I'm just saying there are WAY more people I'd be blaming than just Cam. Their Oline got bleeping worked. we disrupted their entire backfield aaaaaaallll night. The NFL network is basically echoing this right now.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm not betting against Aaron Rodgers.

Come on dude, wasn't particularly good? On the road against a good team, 3 TDs no INTs, 1 fumble on a big hit from a free rush. Big on 3rd downs again, awesome play that you mentioned, a great deep ball to Alshon. He wasn't great, but that is at the very least good.

He was just fine (as in adequate, not as a negative).. I didn't mean to say he was poor at all. In fact, I was trying to say exactly what you did.

He wasn't at all blameless in the fumble and he really missed some key open receivers, but that's going to happen. There wasn't anything to really kill him for.

Reactions: Protest

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
When does Doug start getting credit? 5-1 team.

Definitely he out-coached Rivera by a mile tonight.
IMO, last 3 weeks have been much better than the first 3. IMO, the penalties messed us up from running and made us pass more. No crazy WR reverse screens ect. Blount has been getting alot of plays.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Just found out about this Cian Fahey guy from ESPN & it didn’t disappoint.
I don’t get how people can’t admit they are wrong. Ego? He’s nobody. Just admit you’re wrong about Wentz and move on. He wants to argue his completion percentage in a game like tonight.

Guys a fraud and a fool.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I don’t get how people can’t admit they are wrong. Ego? He’s nobody. Just admit you’re wrong about Wentz and move on. He wants to argue his completion percentage in a game like tonight.

Guys a fraud and a fool.
Didn't hear it, i hate ESPN and never watch it, but IMO Carson's 3rd down performances this year are not an accident. His comp % was off tonight, but still great on 3rd down.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Guys a fraud and a fool.

It's a shame because he used to do some excellent work breaking down CBs specifically. He's not dumb. He just wants the attention.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Guys a fraud and a fool.

Honestly ESPN is such garbage it’s fitting someone like him works there.

Dude thought Vernon Adams was a first round talent in 2016. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm guilty of liking Adams a good bit, luckily as a late-round development type, but he was hardly alone in that. Vernon Adams was the draft twitter poster boy that year.

Liking him in general was fine but saying he was a first round pick worthy was a big stretch.

I’d give it to someone if they said the MSM is getting too carried away with the Wentz hype (ultimately that’s what they do for anyone with a pulse & good story line) but this guy just goes to the other end of the spectrum. It’s all because he didn’t think much of Wentz from the start & isn’t willing to just say maybe I was wrong. Perhaps Wentz is better than I thought but I still don’t think he’s at the point where the MSM is putting him currently.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Liking him in general was fine but saying he was a first round pick worthy was a big stretch.

I’d give it to someone if they said the MSM is getting too carried away with the Wentz hype (ultimately that’s what they do for anyone with a pulse & good story line) but this guy just goes to the other end of the spectrum. It’s all because he didn’t think much of Wentz from the start & isn’t willing to just say maybe I was wrong. Perhaps Wentz is better than I thought but I still don’t think he’s at the point where the MSM is putting him currently.

Oh yeah, I'm completely with you there. I thought Wentz had all the physical ability in the world, but didn't like his footwork and pocket feel at all. They're still not really improved much, but he's making plays, so at some point you can't argue with it. People go overboard with it because he's their guy and the PFF types shit on him, so I get it. But he's been better than I thought. No doubt.

Usually with a guy that trusts his arm too much, I would worry about what happens when he loses a couple mph off of his fastball, but I'm not sure it doesn't end up helping him in the end because he seems smart enough to realize it's happening when it does. He could age tremendously well, especially if the footwork improves.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I do wonder why Blount isn’t getting ran more. I know Dougie likes to run a RB committee but don’t go playing Barner just to run a committee.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
When does Doug start getting credit? 5-1 team.

Definitely he out-coached Rivera by a mile tonight.
Probably never. He's an easy whipping boy. If the team does poorly it will be his fault, if they do well it will be in spite of him. It's how we do it in Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad