OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Closer to ideal on the jerseys but not quite there. Should go back to the '77 era classics. Dark blue w the black and red old school collar. I like the stars on the side and on the pants tho.

I'm a child of that era but I always hated the AI era kits. We're the ******** 76ers, we shouldn't be wearing black. i'd be down with a single game throwback or two though

Reactions: JackStraw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Closer to ideal on the jerseys but not quite there. Should go back to the '77 era classics. Dark blue w the black and red old school collar. I like the stars on the side and on the pants tho.

I'm a child of that era but I always hated the AI era kits. We're the ******** 76ers, we shouldn't be wearing black. i'd be down with a single game throwback or two though

Agree. Never liked the AI era uniforms, that was a bad time in general for NBA uniforms. Personally I’m sick of black uniforms in any sport, except where it’s what the team has always worn (Steelers, Raiders, etc...)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You guys are crazy. 90s jerseys were the best. In any sport really.

For a 4th jersey I think it would be OK to get away from the Red, white, and blue. There's only so much you can do with them.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
You guys are crazy. 90s jerseys were the best. In any sport really.

For a 4th jersey I think it would be OK to get away from the Red, white, and blue. There's only so much you can do with them.

You think so? Then explain this:

0701535p17.jpg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
All I know is there better not be anyone badmouthing the '90s Hornets or '80s/early '90s Nuggets jerseys. Everything else is fair game.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Early 2000s were terrible for jerseys. 90's went crazy. Really unique designs. The teal Pistons jersey was an improvement. Those Magic black with the pinstripes are some of my favorite kits ever

But like I said the Sixers HAD an elite jersey back in the 70's and you don't change the classics.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Teal is not a good color for a sports uniform. It just isn’t. I guess the Dolphins can kind of get away with it since it’s kind of close to the color of the ocean, but it’s still ugly. It’s like someone said, “lets take some blue, and some green, and then we’ll just throw some gray in there to make it really dull.”

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Teal is not a good color for a sports uniform. It just isn’t. I guess the Dolphins can kind of get away with it since it’s kind of close to the color of the ocean, but it’s still ugly. It’s like someone said, “lets take some blue, and some green, and then we’ll just throw some gray in there to make it really dull.”

Every kid I knew that liked basketball owned an LJ or a Mourning. Every single one. I still have my Mourning in storage somewhere.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I’m sorry. I know you are sensitive about those Hornets uniforms. At least there’s no weird logo on those.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013

Every color except pink can work imo. Its just how its laid out in context. Personally the kits with colors that teams don't tend to use heavily are the ones I think look good. The Flyers fit into this category.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lonzo is the first NBA player I've seen credited with "hockey assists."
And I've never seen so many people lean on raw plus-minus as an indicator of impact so heavily either
Lonzo is so hated that some kid at a Children's hospital that Lebron recently visited..asked Lebron to do a monster dunk on Lonzo. Dude doesn't even illicit sympathy from a sick child!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad