OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Everybody calm down. Bad loss but trust the process. If they make the playoffs and make some noise in the process it will be a good season for all intents and purposes. Team not a finished product...still growing. Be happy they are competitive again after being terrible bottom feeders in those torturous 10 win years....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
yea i just wish he was as good as he was last year he seems like he is lost alot maybe he is having a sophmore slump

Dario is better this year in every aspect of the game. He’s the 2nd best 3 pt shooter on the team and a legit NBA stretch 4, which he wasn’t last year. Embiid’s turnovers are a much bigger problem than Dario’s. Dario obviously isn’t the team’s best player, but he’s probably been the most consistent this season.

Embiid needs to clean up his sloppy play, Simmons needs a jump shot, and the team could use more consistent offense from Covington (or his replacement). Oh, and getting Fultz in the lineup. Do all of that and Dario just keeps doing what he’s doing and this team will be truly dangerous. Unfortunately all of that isn’t going to happen this season.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Dario is better this year in every aspect of the game. He’s the 2nd best 3 pt shooter on the team and a legit NBA stretch 4, which he wasn’t last year. Embiid’s turnovers are a much bigger problem than Dario’s. Dario obviously isn’t the team’s best player, but he’s probably been the most consistent this season.

Embiid needs to clean up his sloppy play, Simmons needs a jump shot, and the team could use more consistent offense from Covington (or his replacement). Oh, and getting Fultz in the lineup. Do all of that and Dario just keeps doing what he’s doing and this team will be truly dangerous. Unfortunately all of that isn’t going to happen this season.
i could be wrong but it looked to me like he made better decisions last year and his passing and compeet level was better

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík

Definitely agree, if for no other reason than Embiid needs to be this teams best player every single night and his periods of downright lazy play are unacceptable.

I fear that teams are figuring out how to defend him; they’ve realized that he’s handling the ball with cinder blocks and can be pressured into turnovers and brainless plays.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Definitely agree, if for no other reason than Embiid needs to be this teams best player every single night and his periods of downright lazy play are unacceptable.

I fear that teams are figuring out how to defend him; they’ve realized that he’s handling the ball with cinder blocks and can be pressured into turnovers and brainless plays.
i agree embids turnovers are a problem i think he looks tired and tries to do too much himself he might have hit a wall and looks tired the last few games

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
i could be wrong but it looked to me like he made better decisions last year and his passing and compeet level was better

In some respects things were easier for him last year. He and Embiid were the team’s main guys. And when Embiid went down it was basically just Dario. He was the go to guy and he didn’t have to make as many decisions. Now he has to fit into a more complicated offense, there are more options and pretty much everyone is out of sync at times.

But “the process” is still under way, the team is better now than most of us expected them to be and a year from now they could easily be one of the top teams in the conference.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
In some respects things were easier for him last year. He and Embiid were the team’s main guys. And when Embiid went down it was basically just Dario. He was the go to guy and he didn’t have to make as many decisions. Now he has to fit into a more complicated offense, there are more options and pretty much everyone is out of sync at times.

But “the process” is still under way, the team is better now than most of us expected them to be and a year from now they could easily be one of the top teams in the conference.
i agree with you here i guess after the years of watching them lose i'm a little impatient and hate the way they sometimes fail at the end of games

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I feel like whoever votes for the ROY will give it to Mitchell just to be dicks. Same reason they gave it to Brogdon.

Let us remind everybody of Brogdon's stats

10.2 Points
4.2 Assists
2.8 Rebounds

He shot 45.7% from the Field.
But he played 75 games....so clearly THAT'S important

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I feel like whoever votes for the ROY will give it to Mitchell just to be dicks. Same reason they gave it to Brogdon.

Let us remind everybody of Brogdon's stats

10.2 Points
4.2 Assists
2.8 Rebounds

He shot 45.7% from the Field.
But he played 75 games....so clearly THAT'S important

Even if you wanna say Embiid didn't play enough games last year to win it, Dario still deserved it more than Brogdon.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't know why they have to be pissed when they are reaping the benefits of a big market team again. They should be thanking Hinkie now instead of ostracizing the genius. Silver and the Colangelos should be ashamed...

We all think there is some degree of collusion in sports, but the nba presents a bigger case for collusion than any other sport. There is no doubt in my mind that Stern manipulated things in order to get the matchups we wanted to bring basketball to a greater audience. Basketball in the early 80's was so far behind the other sports, now it is the Biggest american sports worldwide.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
We all think there is some degree of collusion in sports, but the nba presents a bigger case for collusion than any other sport. There is no doubt in my mind that Stern manipulated things in order to get the matchups we wanted to bring basketball to a greater audience. Basketball in the early 80's was so far behind the other sports, now it is the Biggest american sports worldwide.

The Dream Team had a lot to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad