Phil Kessel vs James Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
I loved the trade for kessel because it puts talent on the wings of either geno or sid. something the FO should have figured out long ago when staal was here
same as I loved Neal when he was here.

but for those saying "its not even close", do you realize the barometer Neal has set. he was a 40 goal scorer (1 year) and on pace for 40 goals in the shortened season.
for it to be "not even close" what are you expecting? 70 goals on malkin's wing? 80 on sid's??

I'll be ecstatic if that happens but Idoubt he gets close to that
50 goals will be an exceptional year. even though its "pretty close" to 40 (what neal scored here)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I loved the trade for kessel because it puts talent on the wings of either geno or sid. something the FO should have figured out long ago when staal was here
same as I loved Neal when he was here.

but for those saying "its not even close", do you realize the barometer Neal has set. he was a 40 goal scorer (1 year) and on pace for 40 goals in the shortened season.
for it to be "not even close" what are you expecting? 70 goals on malkin's wing? 80 on sid's??

I'll be ecstatic if that happens but I wouldnt bet on it.
50 goals will be an exceptional year. even though its "pretty close" to 40

Kessel can finish with the same exact stats as Neal did here and still be a much better player. Again, Kessel is another guy who can actually carry our offense. Neal simply couldn't do that. If Sid or Geno gets slowed down or even stopped in the playoffs, Kessel will still be a threat on that line. That is a huge deal for us. The amount of pressure he can take from Sid and Geno is a huge benefit. Not only in terms of drawing defenders and whatnot, but the mental aspect as well. They don't have to feel like the entire game is on their shoulders.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The only thing that can really hold Kessel back this year is the positions the coaching staff puts him in. He has to be on the left wall on the PP. If he is, he'll be top 5 in the league for PP points, and probably lead the league in PP goals.

Phil Kessel has the offensive ability and the talent around him to be a 100 point player. The staff has to let him go.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The only thing that can really hold Kessel back this year is the positions the coaching staff puts him in. He has to be on the left wall on the PP. If he is, he'll be top 5 in the league for PP points, and probably lead the league in PP goals.

Phil Kessel has the offensive ability and the talent around him to be a 100 point player. The staff has to let him go.

what about with Sutter on the 3rd line and on the point on the PP? :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
2008 Hossa, but this is not an insult to Kessel. I think Hossa is a hall of famer.

Reading this thread, I think some people are going to be surprised by Kessel. Seems to be underrated.

Agreed all around.

The fact that anyone thinks it is close between Kessel and Neal is really surprising to me.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think Kessel could put up 50 here more than once. Hossa was better, but only slightly if that happens.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
And now that we've established there's no contest where the OP's question is concerned, we've moved on to ex-player Hossa. Sorry, this thread is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad