Claimed off Waivers: [PHI] Zack MacEwen claimed off waivers by the Flyers from the Canucks

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Really love Mac, and I don't think we could afford to loose any more toughness after loosing Gadj too. But Mac played really really bad in the pre-season. All he had to do was have some cohesion and show he can keep his head above water, and he couldn't.

I have a very low opinion of Green and even lower of Benning. But Mac did himself no favours with his putrid play.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Not that losing MacEwan is some big huge deal or anything, was quite a bit more pissed off about losing Gadjovic...but live shot of the Canucks' current team toughness:

empty-room-3.jpg

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
interesting moves by vancouver by letting their developed assets go for free and replace them with tweeners

These "assets" are replacement level players. No point in crying about developing one and letting them go when you can aquire them for dirt.

Canucks lost someone that can drop the gloves and we're already super soft. If only we could find a tough guy that can actually be a regular.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Please ignore Canucks fans tantrums, usually they contain it to our own board.

MacEwen was what he was. He was found money that we developed and got some value out of. He was a decent contributor in the minor leagues, and that does matter.

He is a great kid, and he will do his best to do the right thing. Big and physical, decent shot. But seems to lack the hockey sense to make much use of any of it. Most of his good plays are one and done because he doesn't know where to go next.

Doesn't kill penalties, and by all accounts wasn't great in pre-season.

Our team is trying to recover from a terrible and rudderless year. We are doing so with Motte, Sutter, and Hamonic on the shelf. 3 Veterans who are culture carriers.

Our bottom 6 needs to be comprised, in the meantime, of guys who can kill penalties and know how to play in the league. Not negligible bottom 6ers who are still trying to figure it out. New players tend to be mercurial and cannot consistently provide steadiness. It's not a mystery.

I wish Gadjovich and MaceWen had survived waivers and made it to Abbotsford. Our farm team looks good this year, and could have been even better.

But the "ZOMG" stuff is just histrionics from the usual suspects. Ignore it.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Good luck Mac in Philly, your time was done in Vancouver as you were in Green's doghouse. I am actually surprised he got waived so late, should have waived him long before we risked losing Gadjovich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad