Post-Game Talk: pgt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I…I feel like this team has been the better team in basically every game they’ve played so far but the bed wetters on this board have been melting down non stop.

I should probably know better than to think PGTs won’t be filled with wild game to game overreactions but I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

Today negativity wasn't warranted other than the shitty shootout but this team in the first 7 games lost to three non-playoff teams from a year ago, one of them being the worst team in the league at home when they were outshot 16-4 in the third period. Another loss was a 5-1 loss (mind you this mostly rests on Halak's shoulders) to a team that just lost to the other contender for worst team in the league, 6-3.

Reactions: Ori

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I heard Kreider was so embarrassed by his performance that he bequeathed his Steven McDonald award to Georgiev after the game. Can anyone confirm?

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
All this hate for Georgiev was never warranted.

A terrible person isn't just a guy who wants to be successful at his team and struggles to impress the fans while celebrating wins as a back-up.
Fight with ADA aside (and it appears that started cos ADA was criticising HIS teammate) what did he actually do wrong? I saw him sing the praises of Lundqvist and even some of his dmen in NY.
The reason he's hated here isn't cos he's a terrible person or terrible goalie it's because we chose to go with him over Lundqvist when he was never sufficiently superior that it sat well with us. Then his form went on a downturn and he was understandably not excited to see Igor surpass him straight away.

He was battling two top, top goalies to be number one and as soon as he had ascended to the top over one he got hit by the other one coming and taking what he had earned. Any competitor would have struggled with that. Somebody with say Hank's personality would have looked just as miserable as a back-up if it had happened to him.

I wish him all the best.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Knew Georgiev was going to play lights out. Remember that game last year against Carolina where he had like 40+ saves shutout. Then next time he played he let like 4 bad goals. Just the way he is: his mental focus is based on his emotions. And that is not what you want your #1 goalie to be.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I mean, its entertaining and all, the piss takes and the meltdowns of the snowflakes.
But I fear the hockey gods see this and curse us furthermore.

There might be a pattern gentlepeople, when I watched this season, team ass. When I didn't get to watch, win ... I will observe this furthermore.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
I thought it was a great game and the Rangers where the better team in the second and third. Kreider was really bad but the team showed we are on par with the league’s best.

What is very funny is that the Colorado fans really think Georgiev is the top goalie they needed, can’t wait to see the roof come down for them. One fan even compared him with Roy. 😂 Won’t take long before the boy let’s in beach balls and I will be there lmao.

Ashame we did not get the win but a great game it was.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Decent enough game I guess? The 1st was awful but they got their legs after that. Igor made about 5 highlight reel saves that I think got overlooked because of the puck handling gaffe and how we outshot them.

Kreider. Not gonna say what everyone else already has.

Gallant. My god, that was bad coaching.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What is very funny is that the Colorado fans really think Georgiev is the top goalie they needed, can’t wait to see the roof come down for them. One fan even compared him with Roy. 😂 Won’t take long before the boy let’s in beach balls and I will be there lmao.
I don't think Georgiev is a top goalie, but the bar for a good goalie in Colorado is pretty damn low considering the recent times. Yes, Grubauer and Kuemper had great regular season stats there but they were still an adventure, and both failed miserably in the playoffs. Thus far, Georgiev even with his warts looks more comfortable. But it has only been 5 games so far...

As for the Rangers in this game, Gallant needs to mix it up. Yes, they played a tie against a good team, but just have a different look tonight against your rivals.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Rangers played the best team in hockey dead-even.

Easily the most entertaining game of the season.

Shesty was great, but he also made an enormous blunder and made another very stupid pass.

Anyone who doesn't enjoy watching Panarin is not all there.

I…I feel like this team has been the better team in basically every game they’ve played so far but the bed wetters on this board have been melting down non stop.

I should probably know better than to think PGTs won’t be filled with wild game to game overreactions but I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
The same people who groused in this thread, grouse in every thread.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
The advanced stats probably still look good but Mika, Kreider and Kakko all have 2 even strength points in 7gp this season. That's rough and I dont even know who to blame there

Reactions: mas0764

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Yeah this is why I’m not concerned. They were the better team across the entire game in Winnipeg and had a bad final ten mins which happens. San Jose game they were the better team through the first 2 and shit the bed in the third and OT which is really the only inexcusable extended stretch they’ve had. Columbus wasn’t their best game but I still thought they carried play more and our goalie blew it while theirs was great. Last night was a dead heat against the defending champs that went to a coin flip shootout. The record isn’t good but the play to get there has been a lot better than what we saw for the majority of last season. It’ll even out over time.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
quite the duel, Geo was good tonight. Rodrigues is a bum, Shestyorkin will want that one back, made him look bad

Kreider was absolutely horrendous tonight
Maybe he is slower based on age reasons 31 now and not as quick, but I admit I am not fond of his contract.
Well some positives Fox saved a point. :)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Honestly Kreider is the main issue right now. He is killing his line. He ALWAYS starts slow. Last year was the anomaly not the norm. This is literally how Kreider always starts.

But he absolutely is killing his line and the pp right now.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
The advanced stats probably still look good but Mika, Kreider and Kakko all have 2 even strength points in 7gp this season. That's rough and I dont even know who to blame there
That’s not the production of a top line that is going to win a Cup.

Honestly Kreider is the main issue right now. He is killing his line. He ALWAYS starts slow. Last year was the anomaly not the norm. This is literally how Kreider always starts.

But he absolutely is killing his line and the pp right now.
It’s too bad Chytil is hurt. If he was healthy this should be the lineup:

Lafreniere Zibanejad Kakko
Panarin Trocheck Kravtsov
Kreider Chytil Vesey
Goodrow Rydahl Blais

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
That’s not the production of a top line that is going to win a Cup.

It’s too bad Chytil is hurt. If he was healthy this should be the lineup:

Lafreniere Zibanejad Kakko
Panarin Trocheck Kravtsov
Kreider Chytil Vesey
Goodrow Rydahl Blais
We're living in a fairy tale if we think Kravtsov is worth anything right now.

He is not physically ready for the big league

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We're living in a fairy tale if we think Kravtsov is worth anything right now.

He is not physically ready for the big league

I'm still waiting to see the spark that's worth the hype.

He's shown literally nothing in North America so far.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Good game
Got a point
My take is kreider needs to be on 3rd line at this point
I knew Georgiev would play lights out
That's who he is. When engaged he is a great goalie. When not he is terrible but with the change in scenery and being the man i figured he'd be a top 15 goalie in the league
The first couple games Kk was able to influence KZ to cycle the puck like the kid line does and they were dominant
Well kreids and Zib have abandoned it and now Kk looks out of place. His line must be a forechecking cycling line
I have no idea why KZ cant or wont commit to cycling these past few games
Put laf up with ZKk and lets see if they can gel
If they dont after 5-10 games then the kid line must be put back together
And Pan goes with Zib
KZ must end 5v5

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The same people who groused in this thread, grouse in every thread.
This is true. You complain every thread.

Good game
Got a point
My take is kreider needs to be on 3rd line at this point
I knew Georgiev would play lights out
That's who he is. When engaged he is a great goalie. When not he is terrible but with the change in scenery and being the man i figured he'd be a top 15 goalie in the league
The first couple games Kk was able to influence KZ to cycle the puck like the kid line does and they were dominant
Well kreids and Zib have abandoned it and now Kk looks out of place. His line must be a forechecking cycling line
I have no idea why KZ cant or wont commit to cycling these past few games
Put laf up with ZKk and lets see if they can gel
If they dont after 5-10 games then the kid line must be put back together
And Pan goes with Zib
KZ must end 5v5
I just don’t see Gallant taking them apart.

He literally called a timeout to put them back out

Reactions: mas0764

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
The amount of drama and hyperbole in this PGT is simultaneously amusing, yet sad.

Not worried about this team. Way too early. I believe the Rangers will right this ship.

Congratulations to Georgie: I never disliked him. He needed to play more and is going to get that opportunity with the Avs.

We lost to the reigning SC champions, nothing to hang your head on.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
The Rangers actually played a very good game last night overall. Very pleased. Kakko is one hell of a hockey player. It actually is more amazing he's not scoring in bunches yet. He's just so noticable and his chem with Mika is really taking off. Artemi's line was dynamic as ever last night. I loved vinny's game too, damn that boy has some hands. Shesty was in god mode other than that one stupid play.

Overall, a glorious night and a hell of a hockey game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That really wasn’t a bad game. Was a goalie duel tIll the very end. Lots of SOG, Fox was brilliant in this game, and they matched up well against the defending champs. Game was very even, which is why it went to a SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad