London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
I am no fan of Perekh. He has no accountability or integrity. Do I want him hurt…. Absolutely not. Was the check on him into the Saginaw bench a penalty, No! Punishing him physically with clean checks is part of the game.

Go Knights!
Watching the game in real time I felt it was borderline late. Could see that one either way.

Reactions: Mild Italian

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Ah, fans just like you ohloutsider ;) -Was Dionicio one of your guys at one time? Again ;)
Yes Dionicso was on Windsor . I liked him when he played hard but not his antics, I was never a fan of. And sure I'm a homer but the point is we all are. Fans including me are quick to point out terrible wrongs against out teams but fail to point out when we get away with something. Us against the world is what fans do.
Now I've spent far too much of our time on this so I will just move on now. Be safe.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
They have 3 American players in the whole league. They've completely given up on recruiting Americans and despite the memorial cup wins, they are clearly the weakest in terms of overall talent in the CHL.

Their sliver of territorial rights in the US is where schools have a strangle hold on jr aged players.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
And finally, whoever fought the Spirit fan in the concourse and left him bloody, you’re a disgrace. It’s a hockey game and you will wake up the next morning win or lose. Knights fans get enough of a bad reputation without some drunk idiot making it worse. Hopefully security got him and he is banned from Bud Gardens for life.
This kind of 💩 is disgraceful. I'm with you hopefully the idiots who perpetrate violence were found by security and are never welcome back in the facility for any event. Many of us take our kids there for a fun entertaining night they don't need to encounter idiots bloodying each other over teenagers playing a game. I wasn't at the game last night so I wasn't witness to this but by all means if it were a fight and not an attack then both parties should not be welcome back. It would be difficult but I'd go as far as to recommend they are banned from any and all Ontario Hockey League events looking forward as well

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I am of the opinion that what Bonk got, a glove to the face, is less than what the Knights typically dole out to their opposition on 3 out of 4 stops of play. No he didn't deserve it, but it was really nothing compared to what has been let go the past 2 series.
Looking forward to following your campaign in the next federal election

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
If u think this is to the shoulder take off the green colored glasses. He was fine to retaliate but the cross check is so unnecessary & dirty. Especially coming off a 5 game SSPD.

London is the best team in the league..that 3rd period was not pretty to watch. They had 0 interest in playing the game anymore. Can only imagine if S. Boulton were in what would've happened.

Have no rooting interest just wanna watch a great series which it's been outside that period. Best of luck the rest of the way 🍻
View attachment 864373
I've gotta, say, Kaleb is not a dirty player, he's big snd strong, but that sure looked like a crosscheck to the neck/ head. You just can't play like that and keep your team in the game .
Hope he's not out more than 1 game .

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It has been tried, Lewiston Maine ( small city-high poverty level, with a large US born French Canadian population, I know played their years ago ) but there are ZERO major population centers close enough the the Canada/ Quebec border to make it viable and that area of of the US is not exactly an economic hotbed.

It has been said there are only 5 US players in th Q... it doesn't suprise me one bit. The mindset of available talent in the east is focused on NCAA hockey, not Junior. I went up for a tryout and between not speaking the language and the absolute disgust toward my being there...I quickly returned home.
If you'd read an earlier post of mine, it's all there, A couple ended up with Val d'Or Foreurs after Lewiston folded and helped them to London 2014 Memorial Cup tourney (Foreurs captain Sam Henley and goalie Antoine Bibeau). ;

Looking forward to following your campaign in the next federal election
Non, Merci, Criss! ;)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I've gotta, say, Kaleb is not a dirty player, he's big snd strong, but that sure looked like a crosscheck to the neck/ head. You just can't play like that and keep your team in the game .
Hope he's not out more than 1 game .
With his size he didn't need his stick at Parekh's neck, that's for sure, to place it into context, he'd just saw Parekh himself going after Bonk's head not even second before. The quick reaction got the best him for sure, if you want to help your team, you have got to play smart just the same

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Fastpace

In your avatar, Thats the Deproit Olympics and the Montreal Senior Canadiens, I see Maurice Richard... who's is the guy circled?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Yes Dionicso was on Windsor . I liked him when he played hard but not his antics, I was never a fan of. And sure I'm a homer but the point is we all are. Fans including me are quick to point out terrible wrongs against out teams but fail to point out when we get away with something. Us against the world is what fans do.
Now I've spent far too much of our time on this so I will just move on now. Be safe.
I totally agree with you, buddy! 100%

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Max McCue hit in the first period on Dionicio was called for interfering because he did not touch the puck at his feet. I am now watching Bonk coming from the corner looking straight at puck near Parakh, and see #24 Sapovaliv directly in between heading straight for Bonk to stop him with a frontal collision. Clearly impeding with Bonk's path, even though Sapovaliv got the worse, it is still, as it was for McCue, an interference as he was facing and heading in on Bonk, clearly this was no incidental contact. No call on that play, even after reviewing with the tablet, this game as for the rule calls was a total mess
There were enough botched calls in the game that you shouldn't have to stretch like this to find one.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Scott Oakman is in charge of this series...Conrad Hache is hands off until Saginaw is eliminated
The first part is easy to identify as fact. I wish I was still in a place where I could believe the second part but this league has demonstrated on many occasions that's not likely the case...
Even if the second part is true ( most likely is and should be ) the optics that have been created in the lead up all season don't give you great confidence..

Reactions: dino200022

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
This is evidence right here

So I'd say this was equal too or lil less than Parekh cross check last round btw I think he got just a MINOR for that

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Depending on suspensions. Knights could be without Lawrence, Sim, Leonard and Sawyer. Obviously 4 of London’s most physical players.

Aside from Edward and McCue. London is not really a physical team on paper with this current lineup. Might be time to switch up the gameplan and adjust away from running around and trying to wear Saginaw down by imposing physical will at every chance.

I’m not saying play soft/finesse or anything. I’m just not sure there is that much of a physical mismatch to exploit anymore . And the extra time on the Penalty kill is not helping. There are other aspects that should be more of the focal points.

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
As much as many posters comment on the London Knight play- by- play duo on Rogers... myself included... they definitely are not homers when calling a game. But when the duo question the validity of some calls and non-calls and the time spent by the refs on the laptop...something is not right. We should have known, that when the Saginaw coach can criticize the league and Knights for non-calls and supposed diving the game before and the league does nothing... it was going to be a long night. Total penalties called on both teams last 2 games. 24 for Knight's... 8 for Spirit. Does anyone know for conference finals and league finals ... do the games get the best referees? Wasn't apparent last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad