Who will be the better player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Both fantastic players, I'd give a little edge to Pettersson right now. Doing it with a lot less help then Matthews is and is dynamic every shift he is out there

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
If you actually read the thread I said Matthews was clearly better.
c66bWny.jpg

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
LOL Leaf fans are so salty that EP is better. This poll isn’t even close.
The only argument I see is shooting percentage , poor Hidden Hair of Hynes spends hours of his day arguing against this.
Shooting percentage is the hill you guys want to die on? Hockey fans are so pathetic sometimes, go watch a sport with real analytics like baseball if you’re gonna cry about shooting percentage.
Look at the results, AINEC
Our team is second in the entire league and Matthews is on pace for 43 goals in 68 games. Just enjoy your player and we will enjoy ours.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Didn’t the leafs just obliterate a poll for best u24 group of players in the league?

What, did the haters forget to vote on that one.

Not everyone acts like a teen girl and votes with emotion. Sometimes it’s just an opinion.

Reactions: Huggy43

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
You should watch a few games. Canucks are my late team so I’ve watched ton of their games this season. Pettersson is ultra superstar 1000
McDavid is the player who I finally felt justified a centre ice subscription after many years where I didn’t subscribe. Pettersson is the player who most makes me feel like I’m not paying just to watch one player.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
No shame on HF. It's generally why Leaf polls are pointless. They are basically just a means for West Canadian teenagers to high 5 each other.

Lol says the fan who's part of the fan base that created the double Dutch rudder

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
OK buddy, good story.

You dont see the hypocrisy in your criticism about other fans?

All you guys do is talk about how your players are better. Not only that the leafs have a bigger fan base

You're crying about something that your own fan base does as well

Reactions: Sayonara77

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You dont see the hypocrisy in your criticism about other fans?

All you guys do is talk about how your players are better. Not only that the leafs have a bigger fan base

You're crying about something that your own fan base does as well

OMG you do not see the stupidity of this post?" Some guy some where said something but because he's a Leaf fan you guys can no longer have valid opinions or call it like you see it."

Now that is special.

Maybe you should post a list of who can say what so we can all do your bidding? Or you could get over yourself and look up the word hypocrisy. One cannot be a hypocrite for the actions of other people. I'd say nice try but it was pretty desperate. Feeling convicted @Peggy?

High five yourself, you'll feel much better I am sure :P

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
OMG you do not see the stupidity of this post?" Some guy some where said something but because he's a Leaf fan you guys can no longer have valid opinions or call it like you see it."

Now that is special.

Maybe you should post a list of who can say what so we can all do your bidding? Or you could get over yourself and look up the word hypocrisy. One cannot be a hypocrite for the actions of other people. I'd say nice try but it was pretty desperate. Feeling convicted @Peggy?

High five yourself, you'll feel much better I am sure :P

Whining about a fan base that does what your fan base does seems to make you feel better

Feb 24, 2017
It’s interesting how vocal Leafs fans are about how super amazing Morgan Rielly is, except for in a thread where it would display an advantage Matthews does have, supporting cast wise. Gardiner, too.

Unless of course all of a sudden the narrative is that the Canucks D is also good and supporting Pettersson.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Ironic, isn't it?

Nothing new. In 2020 it will be one of the new shiny toys vs. Matthews because "pace". Its become clockwork.

As for the quality of teammates, does Pettersson not play with Boeser? That's two Matthews' on one line, no? Matty plays with 4th liner Kapanen (remember that one 6 months ago?) and 40 year old Marleau.

What's the total up to now? Laine, Boeser, Barzal, Point, Draisaitl, Larkin (legitimately saw this on their sub), etc.

The most fun part is the come down when the party's over. Nucks fans will disappear in a year or two but we'll always have these threads as entertainment! See you guys soon.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
McDavid is the player who I finally felt justified a centre ice subscription after many years where I didn’t subscribe. Pettersson is the player who most makes me feel like I’m not paying just to watch one player.

This.

Guys like McDavid and Petterrson do so much worth watching away from the puck, I never really see that as much with Matthews. He kind of just appears and scores a goal. Maybe watching live would change my opinion though.

I've been staying up late to watch both guys and I need a lot more naps. :laugh:

Reactions: perseus and koyvoo

Mar 26, 2010
This.

Guys like McDavid and Petterrson do so much worth watching away from the puck, I never really see that as much with Matthews.

I've been staying up late to watch both guys and I need a lot more naps. :laugh:
Guys like McDavid and Pettersson? WTF... :laugh:

Pettersson is not even close to Matthews, let alone McDavid.

What a joke this is.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Guys like McDavid and Pettersson? WTF... :laugh:

Pettersson is not even close to Matthews, let alone McDavid.

What a joke this is.

I guess we will see how it all shakes out over the next 10-15 seasons.

For the record, Pettersson's first season seems pretty close to Matthews first season so far. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad