Recalled/Assigned: Petter Granberg and Josh Leivo

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
He just wants to see meatheads in the game. Some good ol fashioned fighting regardless of the fact that fighting is down league wide (with good reason) and our fighters can't actually play hockey. This worst thing about tanking is having to read all of these posts about bringing Orr/McLaren/Broll up.

Well if you're going to lose, might as well goon it up.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Does Leivo have a future in the NHL?

I thought the Leafs might have uncovered a late blooming gem with Leivo. I thought by this point he might have shown more signs of being a player with some future upside.

I didn't think he would become a star, but I thought he might be one of those young 3rd/4th line players with a lower salary that every team needs.

I know he hasn't played much, but even with the Marlies he seems to be in neutral.

With the team out of the playoffs I'm hoping they trade off some of their bottom six forwards to open a couple spots for guys like Leivo to have a run of games in the NHL.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I wish Gardiner and Rielly would bring more sandpaper to the defence like Granberg, not fighting, but a hit here and there would make the opposition think twice.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Talk about team building!

Dinner with Phil Kessel or Phil Mickelson? Answer: Phil Mickelson

:huh:

I thought he sounded like a bit of a idiot actually. Some people just strike me as a bit off at times. He did that,whatever I guess. Hawkk pheww lol.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Does Leivo have a future in the NHL?

I thought the Leafs might have uncovered a late blooming gem with Leivo. I thought by this point he might have shown more signs of being a player with some future upside.

I didn't think he would become a star, but I thought he might be one of those young 3rd/4th line players with a lower salary that every team needs.

I know he hasn't played much, but even with the Marlies he seems to be in neutral.

With the team out of the playoffs I'm hoping they trade off some of their bottom six forwards to open a couple spots for guys like Leivo to have a run of games in the NHL.
Leivo is a really solid player. When he's in the Marlies line up he's usually their best forward, no offense but do you watch many games? I've read quite a few times on these boards that Leivo/Carrick are having poor years in the AHL... quite the opposite actually, both have been great.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You should take a look at some of his open ice hits...

Yeah good enough. He didn't have to be idiotic and arrogantly letting it be told I won't fight. Do these clown's really believe that's accepted statements in the hockey community! I don't think the guy has a clue actually.

Rookies don't come in and make it known what they will do and don't do. They shut up and do what they are told until they earn their respect. He sounded like just the type of entitled punk we don't need.

Fine if he doesn't fight,just don't say it. Anyway enough of picking on him. I said my piece.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I feel asleep during tonight's game (yea, seriously). Doesn't appear Granberg played after the second. Anyone know why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad